Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What music are you listening to right now? (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Common Kings moreso than the others. Pepper and bumping uglies too though they're like reggae adjacent.

I try to get into slightly Stoopid like twice a year and can never get there more.than a few songs
I hung out with the pepper people a couple times back in college. I saw them in Norfolk, VA and they stayed across the hall from us in the hotel so we hung out. And my college roommate in Lincoln knew one of their cousins so when they came through opening for cottonmouth kings we hung out with them there too. Nice guys. Their tech was a bit of a douche but the bad was more than nice. They actually remembered me from Norfolk which had been like 2 years earlier. Impressive.

Slightly Stoopid… what’s going on with them? A gal that works for me brought them up as her favorite band. Was blown away that someone much younger than me had heard of them. Are they actually popular now?

The only story I have of them was I had a friend who was a few years younger than me (making her 16 at the time) would give it up to Miles every time they came through town. And it started a couple years before I met her. That started my dislike for the band. Felt dirty.

Sublime was my first musical passion. I have CDs of theirs they sold out of their trunk. No barcodes and shit. Don’t really listen to them at all anymore, but the Cali rock reggae sound was very prevalent in my college years.

When I was in Lincoln I got Can’t Hang, a Baltimore band who’s now defunct, to play at the venue a block off of 10th and O. Then the entire band and their roadies stayed at my apartment. The brothers in the band got into a fist fight after chugging an handle of Evan Williams. They have a live album that you can still listen to on Spotify that is worth it. They use to send me all kinds of cool shit that I have stored in the attic. I remember they did a rendition of Gregory Isaacs Night Nurse that was killer. Every so often I try to see if it’s been posted anywhere.

Some other bands I loved back in that phase:
Bargain Music
10 ft gangs plant
John Brown’s Body
Barrinngton Levy
Toots
Fela Kuti

Man, thought I’d be able to rattle a lot more off but I guess it’s been too long.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hung out with the pepper people a couple times back in college. I saw them in Norfolk, VA and they stayed across the hall from us in the hotel so we hung out. And my college roommate in Lincoln knew one of their cousins so when they came through opening for cottonmouth kings we hung out with them there too. Nice guys. Their tech was a bit of a douche but the bad was more than nice. They actually remembered me from Norfolk which had been like 2 years earlier. Impressive.

Slightly Stoopid… what’s going on with them? A gal that works for me brought them up as her favorite band. Was blown away that someone much younger than me had heard of them. Are they actually popular now?

The only story I have of them was I had a friend who was a few years younger than me (making her 16 at the time) would give it up to Miles every time they came through town. And it started a couple years before I met her. That started my dislike for the band. Felt dirty.

Sublime was my first musical passion. I have CDs of theirs they sold out of their trunk. No barcodes and shit. Don’t really listen to them at all anymore, but the Cali rock reggae sound was very prevalent in my college years.

When I was in Lincoln I got Can’t Hang, a Baltimore band who’s now defunct, to play at the venue a block off of 10th and O. Then the entire band and their roadies stayed at my apartment. The brothers in the band got into a fist fight after chugging an handle of Evan Williams. They have a live album that you can still listen to on Spotify that is worth it. They use to send me all kinds of cool shit that I have stored in the attic. I remember they did a rendition of Gregory Isaacs Night Nurse that was killer. Every so often I try to see if it’s been posted anywhere.

Bargain Music
10 ft gangs plant
John Brown’s Body
Barrinngton Levy
Toots
Fela Kuti

Man, thought I’d be able to rattle a lot more off but I guess it’s been too long.
I've done quite a few shows with Sublime, Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, John Brown’s Body & Toots. All cool bands in their own right. Great performers. Toots has about as much energy as anyone I've seen perform. Sorry to see Toots pass, RIP Frederick. Love the boys from Pepper, threw a wild ass Snow Board Competition party with them. Sublime, or whatever name they were that night, was always a pain in the ass cuz they needed to be seriously babysat. Acted like drug addled children. They would put on a good show and I liked hanging out with them but knew I was going to have some stressful times with them every show. Slightly Stoopid could drink about as much as any band I've ever been around and still function. They are still touring and have added to their band. I think they might be going out with Rome/Sublime & Atmosphere on tour. No idea what's happened with John Brown's Body. Last I remember they were touring with Galactic probably 10 years ago.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member

Bargain Music
10 ft gangs plant
John Brown’s Body
Barrinngton Levy
Toots
Fela Kuti

I did a tour with Pepper once. It was a co-headline with Pepper and Less Than Jake. We were direct support, and there was a fun reggae band from Orlando called Kash'd Out who opened. Pepper guys were nice but pretty douchy in a very frat boy kinda way.

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nice rig

describe, please

I built the Bottlehead Stereomour amplifier and Bottlehead Eros phono stage.
Crown amp for my bucket subs.
Rega P3 turntable with Groovetracer subplatter. Ortofon Black Cartridge.

The speakers are Lowther DX3s in an transmission line cabinet.

I'm also running JBL 4310 Studio Monitors on a Marantz 1030 - with treble and mids all the way down - just to fill in a little bit of missing mid-base from my shitty transmission line cabs.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds