Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What do you do on your day off? (1 Viewer)

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I don’t know when the last time I had a day off that I didn’t have something specific planned for. Hunting, fishing, vacations, working at the farm..
Weekends are pretty typical. Wake the wife up with a little inner thigh tickle, she bitches about how her dream was better than the sex she is denying me, then I go wash the truck, wash her car, get groceries, maybe hit up Rural King, and come home to a couple chores.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If I have the day off it's for a specific reason. Those specific reasons being my wife has something at the doc that I had to be there for, my daughter has something at the doc, or something at the farm. Was butcher day on Tuesday so I had the day off for farm work

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Sheesh, this thread sure makes me appreciate my job. Too many of you talking about barely getting days off
I get 6 weeks off a year before any holidays. I just don’t take the time off unless I have something specific to do. Having said that, I have barely carried any PTO over for years. Take a ton of time off for hunting and fishing, and a bunch of Fridays for long weekends at the farm or short trips, and usually a couple vacations a year.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I get 6 weeks off a year before any holidays. I just don’t take the time off unless I have something specific to do. Having said that, I have barely carried any PTO over for years. Take a ton of time off for hunting and fishing, and a bunch of Fridays for long weekends at the farm or short trips, and usually a couple vacations a year.

Similar here. I have unlimited vacation and an annual quota. I hit quota 4-5 months into my fiscal year and have the rest of the year to take off as much as I want as long as I don’t neglect my customers

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Used to play ball, lift, and play video games. I have literally zero time for any of those things now that I have small chirren. Best I can do is go running a few times a week.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If not watching the kids I’m hunting, fishing, land managing (running saws or doing something on the tractor), arrowhead hunting, shed hunting, trapping and just about anything else outdoors including anything wildlife management related. Planting, fertilizing and spraying food plots. Or developing new ones. Always marketing to sell my wildlife products which I don’t hardly see as work.

Last edited:

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I make Run the Damn Ball memes and then post them on this message board.

63-E06096-0884-4-FA1-9-BD1-3-F83-A1-DF8-EA2.jpg

Last edited:

pigsonthewing

Cornerback
topsecret01ch5.jpg

Days off are what the big boy toys are for.

just kidding, unless you're into that sort of thing. When I was younger days off were for ATV's and dirt bikes. I had a pretty sweet polaris predator back in the day. I wanna get into tinkering with engines a bit but that's gonna have to wait till 2024.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
topsecret01ch5.jpg

Days off are what the big boy toys are for.

just kidding, unless you're into that sort of thing. When I was younger days off were for ATV's and dirt bikes. I had a pretty sweet polaris predator back in the day. I wanna get into tinkering with engines a bit but that's gonna have to wait till 2024.
Planning your divorce for 2024 so you have time to do something for yourself? You’re a thinker!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds