Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What do you do on your day off? (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My Saturdays from August through May are generally spent watching my kids play football, basketball or throwing/jumping at track meets.

If you mean vacation days…If I’m taking days off for work it means I’m going somewhere

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I go to the gym every day. If it's sunny out I go for a long walk. I also read a lot.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
My days off I usually lift or ride bike, jack off a ton, play some video games or go play golf. I have considered taking up wood working or shoe cobbler hobbies just because I need more reasons spend money.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Depends on if the kids are home too or at daycare. If they're home, just spend extra time with them. If they're at daycare, take my sweet ass time lifting, play some video games, relax and then spend that last 20 minutes before the wife gets home knocking out a chunk of her to do list.

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I work 48s in an ER so any given week I’m off 3-5 days at a time (sometimes up to 7) without taking PTO. So I always have 3 days of weekdays free every week.

Jerk off, house projects, work out, hunt during season, take naps, cook something fancy for dinner, run errands—if I’m solo. If kids aren’t at daycare, none of those things; I just chase them around all day.

Today I gave blood and am now going to have a 7.7% imperial IPA to see how it makes me feel.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Depends on the month. December-February: Ice fishing. March and April either walleye fishing, Turkey hunting, shed hunting, or coyote hunting. April-May. I’m Mushroom hunting or fishing for blue cats. June I’m fishing for flatheads. July and August I’m out west scouting mule deer and getting my ass in mountain shape. September I’m deer hunting, October I’m elk hunting. Then November I’m either whitetail hunting or duck hunting. December I’m duck hunting until I’ve got good ice.

My wife’s a big fan

doublewing

Running Back
For days off I do something outdoors related where I'm outside for a good portion of the day: hiking, trail running, biking, or getting out on the water. Love the outdoors but also do it to get offline as I'm online all week on zoom calls, on slack, or doing other tech things. When I'm home I'll do some reading or something else where I'm not on a computer screen. I've found that disconnecting like that is a nice reset for my brain.

When I get a full-on vacation, love to go somewhere remote where the cell coverage is spotty and I can't be bothered.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds