Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What are the “cool kids” from your high school up to nowadays? (1 Viewer)

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
I’m approaching 30 and realizing a decent amount of these people really arent doing much with their lives…. still seem to still live within a 3 mile radius of where they went to high school at, work MLM sales jobs, getting fat from drinking, etc. Peaking in high school is definitely a real thing for some people. Anyone have any good stories about people they know who peaked in high school?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I’m approaching 30 and realizing a decent amount of these people really arent doing much with their lives…. still seem to still live within a 3 mile radius of where they went to high school at, work MLM sales jobs, getting fat from drinking, etc. Peaking in high school is definitely a real thing for some people. Anyone have any good stories about people they know who peaked in high school?
I had a very small graduating class - 13 I think - and everyone is doing well and spread out. A few stayed home and they’re doing well.

Edit: we didn’t really have any “popular” kids

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
I had a very small graduating class - 13 I think - and everyone is doing well and spread out. A few stayed home and they’re doing well.

Edit: we didn’t really have any “popular” kids
Yeah this doesn’t really apply to small town schools like that. More of a suburban thing where schools have graduating classes well into the hundreds.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
Im Right Here GIF by UFC

Didn't quite make it as big as @HuskerGarrett but we doing aight

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I graduated high school in 1992. I skipped out on my 10, 20, and 30 year reunions, as I went away to college and didn't really keep in touch with anyone from high school once I left, outside of a girl that I'd gone to school with since Junior High. I skipped 10 years, as I figured that was when most people try to make themselves out to be way more successful than they really are, etc... She went to 10 and 20 and said that 20 was actually worse in that regard than 10 was. I actually meant to go to 30, as I had a few people reach out to me and ask if I was coming, but had a conflict. Honestly, anyone that I really want to hang out with are friends that I made in College or slightly after.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Don’t know and really don’t care. Kept in contact with a few people I was close with outside of that today most of my friends I interact with the most are people from college or met though life

Edit: did see one guy was a successful surgeon when helping plan for my grandfathers procedures. Was a really nice guy back then so happy for him

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I am approaching my 10 years. A lot of the “hot chicks” got bigger (not that thats wrong). Our class president is now a manager at a gas station.

Few of the athletes that bullied others and are now nothing.

Most of Those coool kids who haven’t been married yet still live with mommy

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I graduated from Elkhorn Mt Michael. Most of us were dorky nerds so being the coolest kid there was like being the skinniest kid at Fat Camp. Most of them to this day couldn't get laid in a whore house with a fist full of $50's. Only had 28 in my class but pretty confident in saying I've gotten way more quantity & quality strange than any of them. I think about half of them are doctors & lawyers. We had 1 go to Stanford and later start a computer company who is now rich as shit. Anther was Yale ending up as an Ambassador to a country. 1 started an export import company that did quite well. Had one who was building golf courses all over the country. Had another go to the Naval Academy that ended up being a Nuclear Physicist on a Submarine. Gotta say that sounds like an interesting job.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Seems like the 3 “popular girls” I can remember are constantly attention seeking and complaining about life not being fair on social media.

Really not sure on any of the guys

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I honestly have no clue. I do know some of them are dead now, though.

doublewing

Running Back
Most of my class remained in town and the HS remains the central part of their life's orbit. They married people from HS, they've been faithful to attending every major HS event, and their kids go to the same HS. I don't keep up with them aside from having them on social media as I'm 1600 miles away. They seem happy so that's cool but I needed to move on from it.

HS was great in real time but once I got to college and beyond the HS experiences didn't mean as much to me. I regularly see classmates post about memories from HS (including ones I was involved in) and I hardly remember any of that stuff anymore. I don't have dementia, but my HS memory files have been overwritten with things more memorable to me.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
Once I went off to college, I only went home for holidays, etc. I pretty much lost touch with most from hs. From what I’ve seen, the cool kids peaked in hs, and never did much afterwards

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds