Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Well, I'm @bant from RRS...

Man that dog has reaffirmed that I'm not ready for a kid. He got into a fight with the 100 pound neighbor dog an in the process he got cut in his ear. He proceeded to rub that raw which led to an infection. Thankfully we were able to get some amoxicillan and a dog cone. So far he seems to be ok with the dog cone as he's broken 2 of them so far because he likes to use it as a battering ram. He's figured out how to scoop snow with it which seems to be another unexpected positive.

The other day his face swelled up like he ate a bee or something. We freaked out, because there isn't a vet here, and the flights to Anchorage were 600 round trip. Thankfully benadryl worked on the swelling although we never did figure out what happened. He's been a little shit the last week, since I returned to work, because he got accustomed to lots of walks and naps on the couch.
Ya, Brewtus got way too accustomed to our daily walks 1) during the covid “layoff” and 2) during our 2 week covid quarantine. Now he is all pissed at me when I tell him I don’t have time in AM and then I am too tired when I get home in the PM lol btw tPB-ers he is 110 lbs some recent pics

Attachments

• A899D3B8-BB64-4D3C-913E-9F7850CF784E.jpeg
    A899D3B8-BB64-4D3C-913E-9F7850CF784E.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 12
  • A02C43D2-B7C6-47F1-A3C2-B5EE21AFD18E.jpeg
    A02C43D2-B7C6-47F1-A3C2-B5EE21AFD18E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 542376FE-4629-4646-BE2B-B284F8C36D28.jpeg
    542376FE-4629-4646-BE2B-B284F8C36D28.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12
Ya, Brewtus got way too accustomed to our daily walks 1) during the covid “layoff” and 2) during our 2 week covid quarantine. Now he is all pissed at me when I tell him I don’t have time in AM and then I am too tired when I get home in the PM lol btw tPB-ers he is 110 lbs some recent pics
10 pounds or 110 pounds...they all think they are lap dogs. Fitz has decided that he will only sleep in the bed now.

where do i begin...

around the bo pelini years, there was a prominent poster named @HuskerTimOmaha. he was very outspoken, abrasive and with the tiniest bit of bait you could get him to fight. he would say he had sex with your wife, threaten to meet you in a hyvee parking lot (that's where that all started). he even told @fuzzyfreddy that he would cum down his throat.... again! he called out matya (used some pretty hurtful handicap slang) as well as @Sean Callahan (called his wife fat, made fun of his family, generally hurtful stuff). he even threatened huskerbendallas by saying he knew where he worked and he would ruin his life.

it was widely known that HTO was big in the omaha baseball scene as a coach. the more people picked up on this, the more they would bait him. i wasn't immune to tim's charms, either, mind you. i took every opportunity i could to bait him into little tiffs, even going as far as to change my profile pic to his body yelling at a kid on the baseball field with dean's face on it. it didn't last and i got bant.

the capper was when someone, i think maybe mike, leaked his personal info and everyone found out his real name. then it got seriously ugly.

Tim left the site years ago, but still hangs on the main board under the name @frosterbate.

That's the 30,000ft view of it. lots of details and ins and outs and complexities. others here can fact check me and fill in the gaps.
Beautiful synopsis...brings a tear to a guy's eye

7zYuR5t_d.webp

kmxHisb_d.webp

You get a dog and treat him/her right it will always become a great family dog. My dog is so good with our kids. He doesn't need a leach outside. Just a great family member View attachment 1380View attachment 1381
People that don’t like dogs are the worst. Btw please keep your dog on a leash even if it seems like it doesn’t need one. Had a dog growing up that was awesome, never needed a leash. Then one day for some odd reason felt that a moving truck in the neighborhood was something that HAD to be chased. Must have sounded like something else... splat.

People that don’t like dogs are the worst. Btw please keep your dog on a leash even if it seems like it doesn’t need one. Had a dog growing up that was awesome, never needed a leash. Then one day for some odd reason felt that a moving truck in the neighborhood was something that HAD to be chased. Must have sounded like something else... splat.
Well fuck you too buddy

Speaking of dogs - I was walking by my elderly neighbor’s house with my pup this morning and she frantically flagged me down. Her dog was unresponsive and she couldn’t move her because of her size and my neighbor’s age.

I went in and picked the poor dog up and loaded her in the back of the suv so she could take her to the vet. Just got a text that the dog didn’t make it. She was 16 years old.

Neighbor found her in the alley behind her house as a pup and took her in.

Give your pups an extra hug today.

Speaking of dogs - I was walking by my elderly neighbor’s house with my pup this morning and she frantically flagged me down. Her dog was unresponsive and she couldn’t move her because of her size and my neighbor’s age.

I went in and picked the poor dog up and loaded her in the back of the suv so she could take her to the vet. Just got a text that the dog didn’t make it. She was 16 years old.

Neighbor found her in the alley behind her house as a pup and took her in.

Give your pups an extra hug today.
Had a tough conversation with my own 92 year old Dad this morning in a similar vein. He let his 16+ year old Cairn Terrier out to do her business last night and she wandered off. Fell off the seawall (he lives at Beaver Lake south of Plattsmouth, NE) and fell onto the ice. Despite having the neighbors out conducting a search for her for several hours last night, they couldn't find her. This morning, my Dad's next-door-neighbor hears a bark and spots her on the ice 1/2 way across the lake. He literally risked his own life to walk out onto the ice to pick her up and carry her back to "shore". How a 16+ year old dog survived a night on the ice is another story, but incredibly she did.

The other neighbor calls me to tell me that I need to come down to Dad's house to build a fence for the dog so it doesn't happen again. Build a fence for a 16 year old dog. In January. In the frozen ground. For a Dog (and a Dad) that are departing for Scottsdale this week to spend the remainder of the winter with my sister at her place down there. Uhhhh ... no.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back