Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Weight lifting (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I power lifted in high school for I think three years. Didn’t do it my senior year because football was over at that point and I wanted to focus on my senior year of track, and we had a new coach that no one liked.

Anyway, I got 2nd place at state my sophomore year at 148 lbs. I forget my exact numbers, my bench was below average, my dead lift is as average to above average, but my squat always blew all the other scrawny 148 pounders out of the water. I would open at like 350 and everyone would always look at me like wtf is this kid doing and I’d end up clearing 400 easy.

I had to move up a weight class the next year and was not as competitive, but my squat was still always elite
I only did it my sr year. I was around 140. Not sure what the weight class was. Competition was in Lexington and maybe was considered state? I was pretty average all around but it was a good competition in the heavyweight between Chad Kelsay and another guy that was a tank about 5'8" tall. Kelsay beat him in squat but bench the 5'8" guy had the advantage of only having to lift the bar about 6" beat Kelsay by quite a bit. Think Kelsay beat him in dead lift too but short guy still had more overall weight.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds