Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Husker o-lineman dropping weight (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
No, and if we start this guessing shit and look inconsistent on Saturdays like we don't know what we want to do, then I'm out on Frost
baseketball-squeak.gif

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I've been saying for the better part of 2 decades that the biggest problem with our OL (and the team as a whole) was the lack of a quality pharmaceutical program

until we get the whole damn team on 'roids (and make sure they pass their piss tests) everything else is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic
Steroids and criminals is what I've told my dad for a decade now

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've been saying for the better part of 2 decades that the biggest problem with our OL (and the team as a whole) was the lack of a quality pharmaceutical program

until we get the whole damn team on 'roids (and make sure they pass their piss tests) everything else is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic
We got the roids part going. Now to figure out the piss test part.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Good coaching knows what size/athleticism they want to recruit for their offense. And good coaches know how to scheme and utilize what they have to work with.
I have never thought X's and O's has been a problem with Frost offense.

I think it has been more on the management of players and executing at key moments.

I hope a new QB and the OC we got will help.

I also hope we develop a more consistent picture of what the end game looks like for the offense. I think that would help in development big time. How can you develop players when you don't know what offense you'll run next year?

Now I know they have some core plays, but the best developing teams look the same with minor tweaks. I'm thinking Cockeye, Wisconsin and Ohio State. We feel like we have a minor core and overhaul it.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Don't worry boys, in less than 6 months this shit show will finally be over. Here's hoping Turd has a damn good plan in place to fix this cluster fuck.
Urban Meyer

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Id say it’s not an experiment asking O linemen to play at 300 instead of 310

It's not an experiment until they decide they're getting pushed around too much in two years. Then revert back to asking them to play at 310 instead of 300.

I have no idea what the answer is, but I can't imagine anyone knows with certainty that this is a good or bad thing. In theory it seems to make sense.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
It's not an experiment until they decide they're getting pushed around too much in two years. Then revert back to asking them to play at 310 instead of 300.

I have no idea what the answer is, but I can't imagine anyone knows with certainty that this is a good or bad thing. In theory it seems to make sense.
It’s just not an experiment at all. Some teams like their O linemen sleeker, some don’t. It’s a preference. Bryce Benhart still weighs 315. Experimenting would be trying to play all O linemen at 265 lbs

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s just not an experiment at all. Some teams like their O linemen sleeker, some don’t. It’s a preference. Bryce Benhart still weighs 315. Experimenting would be trying to play all O linemen at 265 lbs

So once we go sleeker we're set long term and never looking back?

Playing Olinemen at 265 would be stupid, not an experiment. Are we really going back and forth over the word experiment?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
So once we go sleeker we're set long term and never looking back?

Playing Olinemen at 265 would be stupid, not an experiment. Are we really going back and forth over the word experiment?
Yes. Lol

Experiment makes it sound like some kooky idea. A guy dropping from 330 to 315 isnt as big of a deal as message boarders make it out to be

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes. Lol

Experiment makes it sound like some kooky idea. A guy dropping from 330 to 315 isnt as big of a deal as message boarders make it out to be

I don't even know if that's a big deal - that's the thing. I will say this, it'll be a big deal if it succeeds or backfires, because if the media is worth a damn, they'll mention something either way. I hope it's like 1992/1993 when they switched to the 4-3......and the rest was history. Sometimes you have to be a little strategic and a little lucky.

Besides pounding 5 Leinenkugel's and 15 Coors Light on game day, I'm mostly a novice when it comes to what makes a college team good. Shit, we have a coach who went undefeated at UCF and he can't figure it out. You wouldn't want me out there with a stogie and Manhattan in my hand.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds