Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Weight lifting (1 Viewer)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
View attachment 2305

Congrats to my Yutanimal nephew (in the red). 2021 4th place in the all class weight lifting. Dead lift and squat 500 lbs bench 325. He's a sophomore. 1, 2, and 3 were seniors.

Update: 2022 Champ!
Squat 562
Deadlift 551
Bench 330
Total 1,444
Bench went down? @B1G_10_Tony would not be impressed

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
View attachment 2305

Congrats to my Yutanimal nephew (in the red). 2021 4th place in the all class weight lifting. Dead lift and squat 500 lbs bench 325. He's a sophomore. 1, 2, and 3 were seniors.

Update: 2022 Champ!
Squat 562
Deadlift 551
Bench 330
Total 1,444

Small world. I know Will through Instagram (through Dustin).

Just saw his post on my feed.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Loved powerlifting - I was perennial runner-up in the 114 lb weight class. Permanent spot as 1st loser.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Is Dustin the guy coaching him? He's been great and doing it for nothing.

He might be helping some, I know Will was training at Omaha Barbell with Dustin and Dustin's team (all those guys tagged in Will's IG post). I believe Lupe was his actual coach and training program writer.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I power lifted in high school for I think three years. Didn’t do it my senior year because football was over at that point and I wanted to focus on my senior year of track, and we had a new coach that no one liked.

Anyway, I got 2nd place at state my sophomore year at 148 lbs. I forget my exact numbers, my bench was below average, my dead lift is as average to above average, but my squat always blew all the other scrawny 148 pounders out of the water. I would open at like 350 and everyone would always look at me like wtf is this kid doing and I’d end up clearing 400 easy.

I had to move up a weight class the next year and was not as competitive, but my squat was still always elite

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds