Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Week 7 @ #16 Indiana: Depth Chart, Game Notes, Odds & Ends, etc

Schedule detail

Oct 21, 2024 at 12:49 PM
  • Unstick thread
  1. Seaofred92 Seaofred92
That guy's head it a perfect square. Probably had to have a custom made helmet for him. I hope none of our player cut themselves on one of the corners. No way we lose to him.
brings new meaning to "flat top haircut"

I understand where you are coming from, but I’m getting tired of hearing games labeled as a "must win." Yes, Nebraska has a great opportunity to beat Indiana, even as slight underdogs, but what exactly makes this game a "must win"? Does the season suddenly end if they lose? Sure, it's a great chance for Nebraska to become bowl eligible for the first time in eight years, but calling it a "must win" is over the top. You could argue that every game is a "must win" until the next one...
So, full transparency, I don't think I will hold the same opinion the rest of the season starting on Sunday. It's just that if we are who say we are, Nebraska Football should never lose a game to certain members of the Big 10. I would say the same of certain members of the old Big 12. Just shouldn't happen. But, after this week, I don't think I'll hold that opinion anymore. However, those games on the back half certainly become tougher to get bowl eligible with. I won't say it, but I suppose UCLA becomes that "must win" if there is one. "If we are who we say we are" is a phrase, then we're on a level playing field with Wisconsin and Cockeye, in my opinion. I put USC and Ohio State obviously above us.

So, full transparency, I don't think I will hold the same opinion the rest of the season starting on Sunday. It's just that if we are who say we are, Nebraska Football should never lose a game to certain members of the Big 10. I would say the same of certain members of the old Big 12. Just shouldn't happen. But, after this week, I don't think I'll hold that opinion anymore. However, those games on the back half certainly become tougher to get bowl eligible with. I won't say it, but I suppose UCLA becomes that "must win" if there is one. "If we are who we say we are" is a phrase, then we're on a level playing field with Wisconsin and Cockeye, in my opinion. I put USC and Ohio State obviously above us.

Dude, Nebraska hasn’t had a winning season in 7 years - you shouldn’t have this opinion anymore.

Just in general, parity is such that there are no more P4 absolute doormats for anyone - that era is long gone.

Could you define “what we say we are”?

Dude, Nebraska hasn’t had a winning season in 7 years - you shouldn’t have this opinion anymore.

Just in general, parity is such that there are no more P4 absolute doormats for anyone - that era is long gone.
I never said door mat. I just said we should never lose to Indiana.

Can I have the opinion that in year one of any coach at Indiana they should not beat year 2 of a Matt Rhule Nebraska team?

Can I have the opinion that in year one of any coach at Indiana they should not beat year 2 of a Matt Rhule Nebraska team?

Yeah my point is more there are no doormat schools to whom Nebraska should never lose because we are Nebraska and they are Indiana - circumstances obviously create games that should be wins on a year to year basis.

I do think that's where it sucks.

I like Matt Rhule. Glad he's the coach at Nebraska.

That being said, I suggested 2 years ago that Nebraska take a look at Cignetti and I think the overall attitude on here was that he was too old. Cignetti is a damn good coach and just wins football games.

That being said, I think Nebraska being a full touchdown underdog here is wild.

Yeah my point is more there are no doormat schools to whom Nebraska should never lose because we are Nebraska and they are Indiana - circumstances obviously create games that should be wins on a year to year basis.

We’d agree then. Nebraska can’t wake up and just bank on wins. Hopefully we can soon. But that day isn’t today.

I do think that's where it sucks.

I like Matt Rhule. Glad he's the coach at Nebraska.

That being said, I suggested 2 years ago that Nebraska take a look at Cignetti and I think the overall attitude on here was that he was too old. Cignetti is a damn good coach and just wins football games.

That being said, I think Nebraska being a full touchdown underdog here is wild.
I've come around a lot in the last few years that schools should just hire really good coaches even if they cum dust. No one is staying anywhere for 20 years anymore so just get good as fast as you can

I've come around a lot in the last few years that schools should just hire really good coaches even if they cum dust. No one is staying anywhere for 20 years anymore so just get good as fast as you can
But what if the players whine and pout if you don't hire the young, hip assistant coach that they are all buddies with?

(Looking at you, 1-5 UCLA)

Yeah I’ve been thinking this all week 😅 we think Rhule is so good then how is he a dog in year 2 to fuckin Indiana with a first year coach who took over a program that was probably in worse shape or atleast comparable than Frost left Nebraska?

Yeah I’ve been thinking this all week 😅 we think Rhule is so good then how is he a dog in year 2 to fuckin Indiana with a first year coach who took over a program that was probably in worse shape or atleast comparable than Frost left Nebraska?
You could probably argue that Indiana would be the dog if you switched schedules.

If Nebraska wins that overtime game, is Indiana still a favorite?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back