Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Week 7 @ #16 Indiana: Depth Chart, Game Notes, Odds & Ends, etc

Schedule detail

Oct 21, 2024 at 12:49 PM
  • Unstick thread
  1. Seaofred92 Seaofred92
I hold the same opinion this week as I did against Buttgers. If we are who we think we are, this is a must win game.

I understand where you are coming from, but I’m getting tired of hearing games labeled as a "must win." Yes, Nebraska has a great opportunity to beat Indiana, even as slight underdogs, but what exactly makes this game a "must win"? Does the season suddenly end if they lose? Sure, it's a great chance for Nebraska to become bowl eligible for the first time in eight years, but calling it a "must win" is over the top. You could argue that every game is a "must win" until the next one...

I understand where you are coming from, but I’m getting tired of hearing games labeled as a "must win." Yes, Nebraska has a great opportunity to beat Indiana, even as slight underdogs, but what exactly makes this game a "must win"? Does the season suddenly end if they lose? Sure, it's a great chance for Nebraska to become bowl eligible for the first time in eight years, but calling it a "must win" is over the top. You could argue that every game is a "must win" until the next one...
Is it ever okay to lose a game?

I’ll be honest, I was one of those “every game is a must win game” guys for the first half of the season, and this was entirely schedule-based. In my mind, we had to get to 5 wins before the first bye week because the way the schedule ramps up now I feel waaaaaaaay more comfortable with us winning 1 out of the remaining 6 than 2.

Now that we’ve gotten to 5 wins, I don’t have that mindset anymore. To me, the only remaining “must win” game is UCLA because 1) that’s a game we SHOULD win, and 2) it gets us to 6.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Losing a game is never ideal, but context is important. As a team, Nebraska is still learning how to win. 2016 was the last year they had a winning record. Yes, every game matters and is important, but the process of building a winning culture takes time, and losses will be part of that process.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back