Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Week 2 Depth Chart vs Colorado + Game Notes, Odds & Ends

I mean why shouldn't we get occasional balloon fun while Taylor Swift can kill most of what's left of the orcas to unenthusiastically lay there after 9 Chiefs games a year?
She was there again. If she wants to kill what's left of endangered animals, she should at least have the lady balls to go shoot them herself

Not only are robots taking our real jobs, they’re taking out retirement hobby jobs too!!

So my local Class C high school has one of these. It costs $11,000 to rent for a season and $51,000 to buy, IIRC.
They got a deal less than that to try it out for a season. Striping the field by hand takes several people several hours to do, and it has to be done weekly, at least during the early part of the season while the grass is still growing and being mowed. So they want to caluclate if it will actually save money by doing it this way (which would also free up the maintenance staff to do other things). They are considering sharing it with a nearby school to help share costs. It will also paint graphics at midfield and put hash marks every yard, something they don't do when painting by hand, not to mention this method makes much straighter lines!

They found out that the football field is actually a yard short of the 120 yards long it should be (with end zones). But they have to keep it that way because the goal posts are permanent.

Last edited:
img_2550-jpeg.41797

Attachments

• IMG_2550.jpeg
    IMG_2550.jpeg
    841.5 KB · Views: 251
It’s early in the year so these analytic rankings don’t mean that much

In a few weeks they will have a better data
Even if put together before season started this wouldn't have made sense. Florida's lines of scrimmage terrible and is a team with some skill players scattered about. That was with Mertz at QB. Lagway will be QB1 this weekend and I don't know what he'll look like under pressure. No discipline on that team either. Another loss and we might see players quitting.

Count me as meh here. I love when the student section does this kind of stuff, but I want something new. This was such a badass thing because of how organic it felt. This time around feels a bit forced.

Now this time tomorrow night I'll be thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
Maybe it’s not the same sign? Who really knows

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back