Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking We have our coach!

Everything I’ve read and heard today points to Whittingham

take-a-look-say-what.gif

Not sure why Whittingham would want the job now if he didn’t want it 8 years ago

Just worry he doesn’t have much to prove/in the tank anymore after his success at Utah and being 65

Supposedly Eichorst tried getting him. His tenure would have went a lot different at Nebraska is he would have landed him.
I thought the story was Eichorst had a meeting scheduled with Whittingham in Salt Lake after he met with Riley in SF. After talking with Riley Eichorst was so “blown away”, he called Harvey out to meet with Riley as well. Once Harv signed off, Eichorst cancelled the Salt Lake meeting with Whittingham
That search went so quickly, they fell in love with the 1st girl they kissed. It was a Fuking disaster.
Then spent the next 2 years working on “fixing their mistake”.
With all our coaching changes, since Osborne, we haven’t had 1 competent search. It’s all been either preconceived selections with ties to the program or haphazard disasters

I thought the story was Eichorst had a meeting scheduled with Whittingham in Salt Lake after he met with Riley in SF. After talking with Riley Eichorst was so “blown away”, he called Harvey out to meet with Riley as well. Once Harv signed off, Eichorst cancelled the Salt Lake meeting with Whittingham
That search went so quickly, they fell in love with the 1st girl they kissed. It was a Fuking disaster.
With all our coaching changes, since Osborne, we haven’t had 1 competent search. It’s all been either preconceived selections with ties to the program or haphazard disasters
Wow. That’s a new one for me. Fucking terrible if true.

The way I always read the situation is Whittingham and Fat Burt were the top two choices. Gil Brandt said Nebraska basically offered Fat Burt at the time, and Fat Burt got a raise out of it.

The way I always read the situation is Whittingham and Fat Burt were the top two choices. Gil Brandt said Nebraska basically offered Fat Burt at the time, and Fat Burt got a raise out of it.
The way I thought that went was
Fat Bert’s agent floated that bc Eichorst asked Barry on his thoughts. Barry was still butt hurt over Bert leaving him & told him to stay away. Chyst & Riley were discussed & Barry wanted Chyrst for himself so Eichorst went after Riley.

The way I thought that went was
Fat Bert’s agent floated that bc Eichorst asked Barry on his thoughts. Barry was still butt hurt over Bert leaving him & told him to stay away. Chyst & Riley were discussed & Barry wanted Chyrst for himself so Eichorst went after Riley.
The only reason I never bought the Fat Burt one all the way is because of his demeanor. He comes off as a prick like Pelini, and I couldn’t see Harvey going for it. I’ve always believed the Riley hire was an image hire and nothing more. It wasn’t about hiring the best possible candidate.

The only reason I never bought the Fat Burt one all the way is because of his demeanor. He comes off as a prick like Pelini, and I couldn’t see Harvey going for it. I’ve always believed the Riley hire was an image hire and nothing more. It wasn’t about hiring the best possible candidate.
Harv was the worst thing that ever happened to Nebraska football. He gave 2 shits if they were good. He brags to his current law classes that “he fired Bo”.
& yes the law students hate him bc he an arrogant prick

That's also a total Nebraska move. Wouldn't surprise me.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back