Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

We are 4-1 you guys, possibly playoff bound

If Nebraska had a semi descent kicker, we'd be undefeated right now. Maybe Rhule should consider getting a scholarship long snapper this recruiting class.

And if it turns out we’re the ~ 40th best team in college football, that actually would represent progress given the last 6 years….
Kind of. FPI we were typically in the 40-50 range under HCSF. You can point to fewer one score losses I guess but that doesn't come out in the data either. Rhule had as many or more one score losses last year as Frost did in any year except 2021. I think we fix that this year, if DR stays healthy and keeps taking care of the ball. But not a certainty.

I've really stepped in it though. Despite never defending Frost before in any capacity, I'm going to be known as a Frost defender for pointing out that the first half of this game was a Frost-like performance lmao

To bring some data into this, here is FPI

Frost
2018: 57
2019: 47
2020: 44
2021: 21
2022: 70
Avg excl 2022: 42.25
Avg w/ 2022: 47.8

Rhule
2023: 58
2024 YTD: 36
Average: 47

Unfortunately it's hard to put much faith in 4-1 as a sign of a turnaround when this is the easiest starting schedule we've had since 2016. We've beat up on 3 absolute dogshit teams and 1 thoroughly mediocre team (CU), and lost to the only reasonably quality team we've played (Illinois #42 FPI).
You’re right. 4-1 feels much worse than 2-3.

Data: 4-1 > 2-3

Kind of. FPI we were typically in the 40-50 range under HCSF. You can point to fewer one score losses I guess but that doesn't come out in the data either. Rhule had as many or more one score losses last year as Frost did in any year except 2021. I think we fix that this year, if DR stays healthy and keeps taking care of the ball. But not a certainty.

I've really stepped in it though. Despite never defending Frost before in any capacity, I'm going to be known as a Frost defender for pointing out that the first half of this game was a Frost-like performance lmao
You want me to just go ahead and change your name to FrostLover?

I'm not bitching, I'm happy enough about being 4-1, but any given ~40th ranked team would also be 4-1 against this schedule, and that's what we are. All available data suggests this.

Also, literally nobody here or elsewhere thought Illinois was "really good" until they beat us last week lmao
I certainly didn't, I thought they were good, not really good.

To bring some data into this, here is FPI

Frost
2018: 57
2019: 47
2020: 44
2021: 21
2022: 70
Avg excl 2022: 42.25
Avg w/ 2022: 47.8

Rhule
2023: 58
2024 YTD: 36
Average: 47

Unfortunately it's hard to put much faith in 4-1 as a sign of a turnaround when this is the easiest starting schedule we've had since 2016. We've beat up on 3 absolute dogshit teams and 1 thoroughly mediocre team (CU), and lost to the only reasonably quality team we've played (Illinois #42 FPI).
Shut the fuck up, Nerd

Homer Simpson Nerd GIF

Also, literally nobody here or elsewhere thought Illinois was "really good" until they beat us last week lmao
Soooooo, are we not supposed to change our opinion on teams based on game results?

“No one thought Illinois could beat us then Illinois beat us and now you everyone thinks Illinois can beat us. Buncha flip floppers lmao”

Soooooo, are we not supposed to change our opinion on teams based on game results?

“No one thought Illinois could beat us then Illinois beat us and now you everyone thinks Illinois can beat us. Buncha flip floppers lmao”
Uhhh....in context of a discussion on how good we are, assuming Illinois is really good because they beat us would be logically circular

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back