Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

We are 4-1 you guys, possibly playoff bound

Possibly? Try definitely
Excited Come On GIF by Jomboy Media

But, but…our 4-1 is no better than any of the Scott Frost years…
To bring some data into this, here is FPI

Frost
2018: 57
2019: 47
2020: 44
2021: 21
2022: 70
Avg excl 2022: 42.25
Avg w/ 2022: 47.8

Rhule
2023: 58
2024 YTD: 36
Average: 47

Unfortunately it's hard to put much faith in 4-1 as a sign of a turnaround when this is the easiest starting schedule we've had since 2016. We've beat up on 3 absolute dogshit teams and 1 thoroughly mediocre team (CU), and lost to the only reasonably quality team we've played (Illinois #42 FPI).

To bring some data into this, here is FPI

Frost
2018: 57
2019: 47
2020: 44
2021: 21
2022: 70
Avg excl 2022: 42.25
Avg w/ 2022: 47.8

Rhule
2023: 58
2024 YTD: 36
Average: 47

Unfortunately it's hard to put much faith in 4-1 as a sign of a turnaround when this is the easiest starting schedule we've had since 2016. We've beat up on 3 absolute dogshit teams and 1 thoroughly mediocre team (CU), and lost to the only reasonably quality team we've played (Illinois #42 FPI).

Winning the games we should win is a sign of a turnaround compared to the last 6 years…. We are one win away from tying our best record since 2016, maybe you don’t appreciate how bad Nebraska has been for how long?

Winning the games we should win is a sign of a turnaround compared to the last 6 years…. We are one win away from tying our best record since 2016, maybe you don’t appreciate how bad Nebraska has been for how long?
Again I think that's more by virtue of the schedule we've been given. In the same way that if we dropped down to Missouri Valley and went 10-2 that doesn't mean we're a better team because we won most of the games we should have.

Again I think that's more by virtue of the schedule we've been given. In the same way that if we dropped down to Missouri Valley and went 10-2 that doesn't mean we're a better team because we won most of the games we should have.
Yes, but also let's not get too revisionist on how shitty the B10 West was in those years lol.

I disagree and I don’t see how anyone can be so entitled nearly 15 years after our last decent team to bitch about a 4-1 record with an OT loss to a really good Illinois team.

I disagree and I don’t see how anyone can be so entitled nearly 15 years after our last decent team to bitch about a 4-1 record with an OT loss to a really good Illinois team.
I'm not bitching, I'm happy enough about being 4-1, but any given ~40th ranked team would also be 4-1 against this schedule, and that's what we are. All available data suggests this.

Also, literally nobody here or elsewhere thought Illinois was "really good" until they beat us last week lmao

I'm not bitching, I'm happy enough about being 4-1, but any given ~40th ranked team would also be 4-1 against this schedule, and that's what we are. All available data suggests this.

Also, literally nobody here or elsewhere thought Illinois was "really good" until they beat us last week lmao

They were ranked heading into our game so I don’t think your last sentence is true.

And if it turns out we’re the ~ 40th best team in college football, that actually would represent progress given the last 6 years….

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back