Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Updated Scholarship Distribution Chart (2 Viewers)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I updated the chart to reflect the Tommi Hill position switch and the Isaiah Gonnadrama Castenada transfer. So much dead weight on this roster. We need to use the rest of the year to identify guys who can contribute or develop and show the door to so many who are just empty jerseys. The number is 86 because we haven't identified who may have lost an awarded schollie and transfomed to a walkon or maybe a transfer is considered a walkon.IMG_20221012_125410.jpg

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I've got to wonder what the fuck is going on at WR that Tommi Hill switches from CB and is reportedly getting practice snaps with the top offense.

Can we get some inside hers to give us an update on Kamonte Grimes, Shawn Hardy, Victor Jones Jr. and Janiran Bonner? Have any of those dudes even gotten a game snap on offense? I'm gonna be really concerned if Tommi Hill is able to jump them on the depth chart. I get why Brody Belt has snaps, the guy is a good football player. I don't get Wyatt Liewer, but if even Tommi has jumped them then I gotta be curious as to what's wrong.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Can we get some inside hers to give us an update on Kamonte Grimes, Shawn Hardy, Victor Jones Jr. and Janiran Bonner? Have any of those dudes even gotten a game snap on offense?
None of them are listed on the participation chart on huskers.com for any game this season. Bonner was on the travel roster for Rutgers, FWIW.

Is Nouili still a football schollie this year with his suspension?

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Well, if we get our entire Junior level class to come back, the next year's coach should be set pretty well.

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
The Glaring hole on the OL for Frosh/RS Frosh class....
shocked gif laughing GIF

redzoner

Cornerback
Went through the roster and it's better than I thought at some places but still a train wreck at others. I'm sure a coaching change will naturally produce attrition, but I don't see a ton of guys I would drop right away.

I could see dropping/losing these guys:
(Jr) Tyreke Johnson
(So) Chris Hickman
(So) Garrett Snodgrass
(So) Noa Pola-Gates
(RS Fr) Jalen Weaver
(RS Fr) Shawn Hardy
(RS Fr) Kamonte Grimes
(RS Fr) Worst of Kpai, Gbayor, Malcolm
1 of the QBs
9 guys done with eligibility
Trey Palmer (NFL)

That gives us 19 spots and we have 15 commits.

From the portal, I think we need:
0-1 QB (Depending on system and who leaves)
0-1 RB (If we lost Grant or Allen)
2 OT
1 G
1 C
1 TE
1 DE
2 DT
1 OLB
1 CB (If Newsome leaves early)

So, we need to find another 5 guys to cut to make that happen plus any more sports for high school recruits.

Next place to thin the herd would be more TEs and starting to thin down CB/S spots. There's probably some dead weight at OL but I hate to lose bodies there because we might need them.

I could also see Prochazka and Fidone at risk of having to take a medical if they keep getting hurt.

It's definitely going to look different next Fall camp.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
Went through the roster and it's better than I thought at some places but still a train wreck at others. I'm sure a coaching change will naturally produce attrition, but I don't see a ton of guys I would drop right away.

(Jr) Tyreke Johnson
(So) Chris Hickman
(So) Garrett Snodgrass
(So) Noa Pola-Gates
(RS Fr) Jalen Weaver
(RS Fr) Shawn Hardy
(RS Fr) Kamonte Grimes
1 of the QBs
Trey Palmer (NFL)

2 OT
1 G
1 C
1 TE
1 DE
2 DT
1 OLB

So, we need to find another 5 guys to cut to make that happen plus any more sports for high school recruits.

Next place to thin the herd would be more TEs and starting to thin down CB/S spots. There's probably some dead weight at OL but I hate to lose bodies there because we might need them.

I could also see Prochazka and Fidone at risk of having to take a medical if they keep getting hurt.

Burn it all down....start by kicking half the Walkons off the team. I also think we need to reevaluate the commits. I dont see some of them being contributors in 3-4 years. Especially the most recent bundle of offers that went out.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

(Jr) Tyreke Johnson
(So) Chris Hickman
(So) Garrett Snodgrass
(So) Noa Pola-Gates
(RS Fr) Jalen Weaver
(RS Fr) Shawn Hardy
(RS Fr) Kamonte Grimes
1 of the QBs
Trey Palmer (NFL)

2 OT
1 G
1 C
1 TE
1 DE
2 DT
1 OLB

I read somewhere that OL Michael Lynn was on a medical scholarship and I'm not for sure if OL Alex Conn is still around either I haven't heard or seen anything on him in a while.

redzoner

Cornerback
I read somewhere that OL Michael Lynn was on a medical scholarship and I'm not for sure if OL Alex Conn is still around either I haven't heard or seen anything on him in a while.
I'm guessing there's more of those than I know about that can be crossed off. I think there will be more than enough room to bring in a bunch of transfers.

redzoner

Cornerback
Burn it all down....start by kicking half the Walkons off the team. I also think we need to reevaluate the commits. I dont see some of them being contributors in 3-4 years. Especially the most recent bundle of offers that went out.
I agree with the re-evaluating our verbal commits. Wouldn't be shocked to see half of them not sign with us in December.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds