Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Two thoughts about some bullshit I heard (2 Viewers)

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Michigan won over half of their games after they got caught, and even if you know the other teams’ plays, you still have to be able to execute.

They did not cheat in the playoffs
Cheating aided them in building a team capable of winning the NC. Imagine our recruiting if we beat OSU a couple times, won a Big 10 title, and got to the playoff. It makes a huge difference in the talent you are able to acquire.

Last edited:

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Cheating aided them in building a team capable of winning the NC. Imagine our recruiting if we beat OSU a couple times, won a Big 10 title, and got to the playoff. It makes a huge difference in the talent you are able to acquire.
Heck, just being able to retain the talent from the previous year because of that motivation that you beat OSU.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
This thread is a reminder that our local sports media guys are neanderthals. I am surprised they walk upright. When was the last time any of them said anything even remotely contoversial directly to a coach or administrator? It's gotta be Dirk back when he would question Bo on shit, right? Dirk is a complete snarky douchbag and troll, but he did actually do his job.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
This thread is a reminder that our local sports media guys are neanderthals. I am surprised they walk upright. When was the last time any of them said anything even remotely contoversial directly to a coach or administrator? It's gotta be Dirk back when he would question Bo on shit, right? Dirk is a complete snarky douchbag and troll, but he did actually do his job.
I met Dirk when he was peddling the new Lost Rail golf course. I invited to an "open house" event on site prior to the course being built, met him, the course architect, and others. Dirk asked if I'd like to play a round as a guest of his once the course was ready, I said..."HELL YA" When push came to shove he wanted me to pay the $200 "guest fee" NAH bro...I ain't got it like that, never paid that much for a round, never will. I'm not that committed. Am I wrong???

doublewing

Running Back
Dirk was also a guy that was quick to call out the program when it was bad and the rest of the media was still playing nice so they can remain part of the club. The rest were quick to tell us how bad things were once Pelini, Riley or Frost was fired, but they weren't keen to share in real time.

I'll never get over the OWH's front page "Scott should keep his job" editorial. Not done by a sports guy, just the official view of the paper. Almost as embarrassing as their Scott Frost graphic novel.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dirk was also a guy that was quick to call out the program when it was bad and the rest of the media was still playing nice so they can remain part of the club. The rest were quick to tell us how bad things were once Pelini, Riley or Frost was fired, but they weren't keen to share in real time.

I'll never get over the OWH's front page "Scott should keep his job" editorial. Not done by a sports guy, just the official view of the paper. Almost as embarrassing as their Scott Frost graphic novel.
That was super cringy. OWH just sucks now.

But Dirk…I have an admire/hate relationship with the guy. He did call out the program/coaches when needed but was such a fucking prick about it, so much so to the point where his dickishness tainted the message he was trying to relay. Same with Lee Blarfwhateverthefuckhisname was.

doublewing

Running Back
That was super cringy. OWH just sucks now.

But Dirk…I have an admire/hate relationship with the guy. He did call out the program/coaches when needed but was such a fucking prick about it, so much so to the point where his dickishness tainted the message he was trying to relay. Same with Lee Blarfwhateverthefuckhisname was.
Agreed. With Dirk and Lee I agreed with their sentiments, but not the approach.

The OWH sports coverage is not much better than the online "journalism" of the recruiting websites. Things have gotten dumbed down online and the OWH has capitulated to doing the same. Clicks, hot takes, and be a friend of the program.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds