Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Two thoughts about some bullshit I heard (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I was listening to yesterday's radio/podcasts and I heard some things that pissed me off.

First was about Dr. Elsa, a member of the football staff, saying that our goal was to win a national championship. Pretty standard stuff. The problem I had was that the radio guys were incredulous about it. Saying they've heard it before and that it's a bit audacious to say about a program that hasn't won shit recently and hasn't been to a bowl game in (insert Titanic meme it's been 84 years)

Of course they are correct.....sort of......What else can she say at this point? Rhule, the AD and staff are literally asking people for hundreds of millions of dollars to fund NIL and the stadium project. Saying we are going for a 6 win season isn't gonna get someone to scratch out a check. THEY HAVE TO SAY THEY ARE TRYING TO WIN IT ALL. So what are the radio and media guys surprised about? Do they expect us to fundraise off of shooting for the motor city bowl? Should we recruit that way too?

Next: Sam M from the OWH was describing different teams' approaches to using the portal. He said Washington used the portal to get a QB who helped them to the national championship, but Michigan used a more homegrown method with little portal activity, yet still won the championship.

WTF? Have we completely memory holed that MICHIGAN FUCKING CHEATED? It doesn't matter what method they used in the portal, they scouted their opponents. Pretending like their sparse use of the portal points to them developing players in house effectively completely sweeps the fact that they FUCKING CHEATED under the rug. The roster doesn't matter as much when you know the opponents plays.

Anyway, Im bored before work ranting again.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
I was listening to yesterday's radio/podcasts and I heard some things that pissed me off.

First was about Dr. Elsa, a member of the football staff, saying that our goal was to win a national championship. Pretty standard stuff. The problem I had was that the radio guys were incredulous about it. Saying they've heard it before and that it's a bit audacious to say about a program that hasn't won shit recently and hasn't been to a bowl game in (insert Titanic meme it's been 84 years)

Of course they are correct.....sort of......What else can she say at this point? Rhule, the AD and staff are literally asking people for hundreds of millions of dollars to fund NIL and the stadium project. Saying we are going for a 6 win season isn't gonna get someone to scratch out a check. THEY HAVE TO SAY THEY ARE TRYING TO WIN IT ALL. So what are the radio and media guys surprised about? Do they expect us to fundraise off of shooting for the motor city bowl? Should we recruit that way too?

Next: Sam M from the OWH was describing different teams' approaches to using the portal. He said Washington used the portal to get a QB who helped them to the national championship, but Michigan used a more homegrown method with little portal activity, yet still won the championship.

WTF? Have we completely memory holed that MICHIGAN FUCKING CHEATED? It doesn't matter what method they used in the portal, they scouted their opponents. Pretending like their sparse use of the portal points to them developing players in house effectively completely sweeps the fact that they FUCKING CHEATED under the rug. The roster doesn't matter as much when you know the opponents plays.

Michigan won over half of their games after they got caught, and even if you know the other teams’ plays, you still have to be able to execute.

They did not cheat in the playoffs

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

The bold is what grinds the fuck out of my gears about college football right now.

Michigan's sign stealing was perhaps the most significant competitive advantage in the history of modern college football and the media/powers that be are trying to erase it

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Michigan won over half of their games after they got caught, and even if you know the other teams’ plays, you still have to be able to execute.

They did not cheat in the playoffs
The reporting is that they had dudes going out to playoff contenders to film signs so I'm not so sure that it was on the up and up.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
The bold is what grinds the fuck out of my gears about college football right now.

Michigan's sign stealing was perhaps the most significant competitive advantage in the history of modern college football and the media/powers that be are trying to erase it
Follow the money. The amount of money that could be lost by jaded fans (not that this fan base knows anything about that /s) not buying tickets, merch, lost ad revenue, etc far outstrips the inconvenience they are seeing by a few fans bitching online.

TLDR: they don’t give a fuck and we’re schmucks.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
1. Fat Panda (Sammy M) can fuck right the fuck off. His quips tweets are shitty, his takes are shitty, and how that fuck gets ANY time with the football staff is just mind blowing.
2. Doc Elza...wood
3. Morning show gayness hosts are just as bad as Fat Panda. Gary Sharp is a fat perv, just listen to him when he starts talking about women...(I know, we are all pervs too BUT we are not on the radio).
4. WE ARE GOING TO WIN NATTY'S AGAIN...GBR

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member

Remember when that guy straight up stole Wake Forest’s playbook? That shit was wild.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
My whole take on the Michigan cheating is if you’re so retarded to have the signals mean the same thing week after week and year after year, you deserve to lose.
Sure. It’s like keeping your wallet on your front porch at night. Eventually somebody is going to steal it but the thief is still an asshole and should get some sort of punishment besides a little slap on the wrist.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Remember when that guy straight up stole Wake Forest’s playbook? That shit was wild.
Wakeyleaks was not be mere theft of a playbook my friend, it was someone at Wake not so discreetly leaving it in places for opposing teams. It was discovered when someone found the playbook at the top of the pile in a garbage can

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Wakeyleaks was not be mere theft of a playbook my friend, it was someone at Wake not so discreetly leaving it in places for opposing teams. It was discovered when someone found the playbook at the top of the pile in a garbage can
That’s right! I knew there was more to it but couldn’t remember the details.

Scott Hall

Linebacker
Elite Member
Sure. It’s like keeping your wallet on your front porch at night. Eventually somebody is going to steal it but the thief is still an asshole and should get some sort of punishment besides a little slap on the wrist.
I played NAIA ball and our signs were incredibly simple yet we could easily change them every drive if we wanted. We’d signal in a color and a number and then look at wristbands and then run the play corresponding to that color/number combo. We could easily switch out the plays every drive if we wanted but usually just every game.

One week black 6 could be inside zone, next week a bubble screen.

doublewing

Running Back

Yes, you don't invest the amount of money, time and outlandish efforts in sign stealing if there isn't an ROI to it.

Michigan had a great team but also cheated. Two things can be true.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Honestly I think Michigan winning a title is a good thing - brings attention to the Big 10 for something other than Ohio State and helps undermine the argument that the SEC is somehow a different sport where all elite players must go.

It’s not like we were competitive with them anyway - and national title teams often cheat, whether that’s via paying players before that was allowed, steroids, etc.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds