Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (2 Viewers)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Anyone from Nebraska media gonna be at Turd's introductory press conference & ask him some pointed questions?

"4 months ago you signed an 8 year extension at Nebraska with the current university leadership in place and said publicly there was nowhere else you wanted to be. Since you've left for a shorter contract at a different university, was there something specific that changed in the last 120 days?"

Someone like @Zack Carpenter got the balls to do this?

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Nebraska BOR saying they gave him everything. Turd has said nothing but it’s hinted he felt a lack of support. Truth lies in the middle most likely.
But yeah, Turd took a bitch way out.
Yeah the entire thing is bizarro world to me. Even if the BOR/governor/etc are totally nuts and make his job harder, I just can't wrap my head around how it could be SOOO bad that he would throw everything away... Huge salary, hand picked coach, one of the most important projects in school history, all sports trending up, his own "beloved" alma mater... I mean the guy was still in the beginning stages of his tenure here, he was comfortable enough to sign an extension 4 months ago, he consistently got approval for zillions of dollars for his projects and for himself, how could he be SO frustrated with like, a slow hiring process for a chancellor and president, that he'd just bail on all of that? What else do we not know?

I can't help but wonder if there was something that made it urgent, whether it's info that will come out in the WBB lawsuit or what. Just totally bizarre.

Herbie

Quarterback
Anyone from Nebraska media gonna be at Turd's introductory press conference & ask him some pointed questions?

"4 months ago you signed an 8 year extension at Nebraska with the current university leadership in place and said publicly there was nowhere else you wanted to be. Since you've left for a shorter contract at a different university, was there something specific that changed in the last 120 days?"

Someone like @Zack Carpenter got the balls to do this?
They won’t get media credentials for it.
An A&M reporter will probably ask why and he’ll give a cheap answer that give A&M fans warm and fuzzy feelings.

Herbie

Quarterback
Yeah the entire thing is bizarro world to me. Even if the BOR/governor/etc are totally nuts and make his job harder, I just can't wrap my head around how it could be SOOO bad that he would throw everything away... Huge salary, hand picked coach, one of the most important projects in school history, all sports trending up, his own "beloved" alma mater... I mean the guy was still in the beginning stages of his tenure here, he was comfortable enough to sign an extension 4 months ago, he consistently got approval for zillions of dollars for his projects and for himself, how could he be SO frustrated with like, a slow hiring process for a chancellor and president, that he'd just bail on all of that? What else do we not know?

I can't help but wonder if there was something that made it urgent, whether it's info that will come out in the WBB lawsuit or what. Just totally bizarre.
Something deeper we’ll probably never know.
I don’t buy the whole “the bor are the worst and drove him away” they supported every fucking thing he wanted to over 3 years.
Everyone acting like they pushed the old president out. Let’s be real even if everything is perfect and I’ve spent a bulk of my professional career in academia I’m going to Ohio state in a fucking heart beat. It’s a no brainer.

I doubt the lawsuit has much, that will follow him no matter what. If they have evidence of him covering up the situation, gas lighting her and punishing a victim he’ll get fired from A&M too.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

This is exactly right.

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
Something deeper we’ll probably never know.
I don’t buy the whole “the bor are the worst and drove him away” they supported every fucking thing he wanted to over 3 years.
Everyone acting like they pushed the old president out. Let’s be real even if everything is perfect and I’ve spent a bulk of my professional career in academia I’m going to Ohio state in a fucking heart beat. It’s a no brainer.

I doubt the lawsuit has much, that will follow him no matter what. If they have evidence of him covering up the situation, gas lighting her and punishing a victim he’ll get fired from A&M too.
And if you think the arm wrestling between university regents (or their equivalents) is unique to Nebraska you’re out of your mind. It happens at every single (especially public) university

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds