Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (3 Viewers)

Huskers4420

Linebacker
I've heard our Chancellor is kind of a bozo too. So you've got an incompetent/reactive instead of proactive BOR, no president, an unqualified Chancellor, and aren't getting support for a stadium reno that you believe is vital in order to stay above water for the inevitable changing landscape of college athletics and students eventually becoming employees of the university.

Meanwhile, Texas A&M is sitting there saying we believe in your vision, just got our $450 million reno done, and are willing to fully back you and your futuristic outlooks with a truck load of cash.

Turd building a resume of 2.5 successful years here, on top of his goal of achieved success at Texas A&M, sets up as a pretty awesome resume for commissioner type positions as a final landing spot.

I don't like it, but I get it.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Do these dorks realize they ALL look like idiots in this situation? Blame each other behind the scenes but don't make this even more of a faceplant in public. Good lord...
I tend to disagree. As clumsy as Pillen often is, we're in the situation because there's rarely any clarity about what the dysfunction is, and we have to guess or rely on leaks from insiders (who may or may not have their own agendas).

If things are to the point where the university leadership can't perform its basic duties, then let everyone speak up about where they stand, and let the voters choose which way to roll.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Yeah the entire thing is bizarro world to me. Even if the BOR/governor/etc are totally nuts and make his job harder, I just can't wrap my head around how it could be SOOO bad that he would throw everything away... Huge salary, hand picked coach, one of the most important projects in school history, all sports trending up, his own "beloved" alma mater... I mean the guy was still in the beginning stages of his tenure here, he was comfortable enough to sign an extension 4 months ago, he consistently got approval for zillions of dollars for his projects and for himself, how could he be SO frustrated with like, a slow hiring process for a chancellor and president, that he'd just bail on all of that? What else do we not know?

I can't help but wonder if there was something that made it urgent, whether it's info that will come out in the WBB lawsuit or what. Just totally bizarre.

It's probably just because he has larger aspirations. His end goals are not aligned with being the Nebraska athletic director for longer than it takes to get a promotion.

I'm 99% sure he would already be in Columbus if Bjork turned down OSU. Texas A&M has been proving grounds for careerists just like him. Scott Woodward and Bjork are the exact same type of guys.

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
It's probably just because he has larger aspirations. His end goals are not aligned with being the Nebraska athletic director for longer than it takes to get a promotion.

I'm 99% sure he would already be in Columbus if Bjork turned down OSU. Texas A&M has been proving grounds for careerists just like him. Scott Woodward and Bjork are the exact same type of guys.
Then he should be despised and vilified by husker fans for the rest of his life. He lied about what he meant and left the university that made him for dead.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Then he should be despised and vilified by husker fans for the rest of his life. He lied about what he meant and left the university that made him for dead.

Yeah it's one thing to operate that way in a semi-transparent manner (obviously you can't just talk about the next job at your current job) but this is totally chickenshit.

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
Yeah it's one thing to operate that way in a semi-transparent manner (obviously you can't just talk about the next job at your current job) but this is totally chickenshit.
Exactly. If this was some eichorst guy with no real connection to the university it’s one thing. Trevs entire persona was built on his love of this place, how much it meant to him, and ensuring stability. He’s destroyed all of that and used Nebraska as a pawn.

MrKnightedHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
It is pretty black and white with me. I was running a small, publicly traded company and was recruited / explored an incredible uptick opportunity. Turns out, it was my dream gig. In the romance and culmination of getting the gig signed, there was zero leakage to anyone except one team member.

Nearly all my conversation with my team was the morning of my announcement of leaving, I spoke with each of the leadership team and prepared them for the onslaught of questions and transition elements they might want to consider. We had individual and a group meeting. I had spoken to the board the night before and provided my intent to resign.

In my case, I knew I would never accept a counter offer - they just don't work long-term. I also knew it would be wildly confusing and production-halting to share the info too early. I did, however, do the leadership conversations in person because I owed them that at a minimum. In fact, I had set them all up the day before without much description to the purpose of the meeting. Only my COO knew anything, about two weeks prior, and that was to help him get positioned to be my replacement (which he did become).

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
Nothing wrong with liking Dirk, he’s been the only one in local media calling it how it is the past decade.
To each his own. I have a general disdain for all columnists and beat reporters for Husker sports. I used to like his in depth stories he did though once a while

Most of them have a very high opinion of themselves that irks me.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I find it hard to believe that Rhule had no idea that this was a possibility and that this was unexpected.

The U is a fucking clown show right now and a person can only take so much of it before it is time to move on. Would've been nice of Turd to have handled it a bit differently, but anyone shitting on him for leaving isn't thinking objectively.

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
I find it hard to believe that Rhule had no idea that this was a possibility and that this was unexpected.

The U is a fucking clown show right now and a person can only take so much of it before it is time to move on. Would've been nice of Turd to have handled it a bit differently, but anyone shitting on him for leaving isn't thinking objectively.
Nah fuck him

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do these dorks realize they ALL look like idiots in this situation? Blame each other behind the scenes but don't make this even more of a faceplant in public. Good lord...
Does the governor have a major hand in the hiring of the University President? I have no idea.

I’d love more high profile criticism of the BoR and University leadership. Right now I really want my pound of flesh.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds