Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (2 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I get wanting to climb the ladder.

I don’t get using your Alma mater, where you were thought of as a legend, as a 2.5 year stepping stone.
And nothing wrong with being a ladder climber. The problem is he presented himself as the loyal guy.

He toiled away at a D-II commuter school for 10 yrs. If he wanted to ladder climb he should have went to a MAC or MWC school then jump to a Big 12/Pac-12 school...THEN earn your way to a sought after B1G or SEC AD job. That's the way most ADs have to do it.

Now it looks like Turd just used us - like he bided his time at UNO just waiting for Nebraska to hire him, because Nebraska would be the only B1G/SEC school that would ever hire a guy w no P5 administration experience. Then once he got it he immediately started applying for bigger and better/more prestigious gigs.

He somehow managed to get like a top 5 highest paying AD gig without having to jump around from places like Pittsburg St to Bowling Green to UCF to Arizona State to Nebraska to Texas A&M. It's a pretty smart strategy if you're a cutthroat a-hole who doesn't mind exploiting your own alma mater & becoming a lifelong pariah in your own alumni community.

Cheers to you, Turd!
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
And nothing wrong with being a ladder climber. The problem is he presented himself as the loyal guy.

He toiled away at a D-II commuter school for 10 yrs. If he wanted to ladder climb he should have went to a MAC or MWC school then jump to a Big 12/Pac-12 school...THEN earn your way to a sought after B1G or SEC AD job. That's the way most ADs have to do it.

Now it looks like Turd just used us - like he bided his time at UNO just waiting for Nebraska to hire him, because Nebraska would be the only B1G/SEC school that would ever hire a guy w no P5 administration experience. Then once he got it he immediately started applying for bigger and better/more prestigious gigs.

He somehow managed to get like a top 5 highest paying AD gig without having to jump around from places like Pittsburg St to Bowling Green to UCF to Arizona State to Nebraska to Texas A&M. It's a pretty smart strategy if you're a cutthroat a-hole who doesn't mind exploiting your own alma mater & becoming a lifelong pariah in your own alumni community.

Cheers to you, Turd!
Happy Hour Drinking GIF
Exactly. I think Turd saw the turnstile at the AD position and thought waiting for a call from Nebraska was his best shot at a quick/easy rise.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Herbie definitely needs more of the 90's "I'm about to fuck your girl" face and less "welcome to Disney World"

Your pic highlights the difference perfectly
The new Herbie looks cheap. It also looks like he's wearing a $1 Fruit of the Loom white undershirt. It looks terrible honestly. It looks cheap. It looks like we ran out of budget and Turd went "go to Walmart and grab a 3XL white undershirt". It looks terrible.

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member

Idk about any of you but I hadn’t heard ANYTHING about Turd ASKED to leave like BigHuskers is claiming (read the reply to Jim’s post). Anyone got anything remotely like that? If not im going to just assume they or their source is just trying to spin it it around. “You can’t break up with me!! I’m breaking up with you!!” Type thing lol

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG

Idk about any of you but I hadn’t heard ANYTHING about Turd ASKED to leave like BigHuskers is claiming (read the reply to Jim’s post). Anyone got anything remotely like that? If not im going to just assume they or their source is just trying to spin it it around. “You can’t break up with me!! I’m breaking up with you!!” Type thing lol

For those of us that don’t have twitter what does the reply say?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds