Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (4 Viewers)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Really wish one of the posters espousing the bolded above would actually explain what it means.

Who are these key players and what, exactly, are they opposing?
I'll explain in my words and try not to type a novel lol

College Football Modern World: Giant stadiums, transfer portal, NIL, people coming and going, not a ton of commitment anywhere, "me" guys, lights, cameras, flashing, players opting in and out of stuff, players and coaches essentially doing whatever they want, not many rules, tampering, 30 fancy different uniform combinations. Things like that

Turd obviously acknowledged and understood where college athletics was heading, and to a degree was proceeding that way.

Nebraska is a Conservative state, and it's very clear that the powers to be are Conservative, or atleast enough of them are Conservative to matter. I think it's safe to say that the old school Conservative powers of the state probably don't buy in very well to those things listed above, and opposed "New College Football/Athletics" to a degree. I suppose the only real Conservative power of the state I can name is Jim Pillen, since I really don't know the rest of them. We know Ricketts is/was a key state player as well. We also know now what Pillen wants in a University President. 0% of that screams liberal.

A&M is already head deep in modern college football/athletics as that is very clear, and is a more prestigious national brand than Nebraska is, more respect.

So, Turd bounces to a school that lines with modern football/athletics, and can position himself for a higher seat in the next 5-8-10 years.

Herbie

Quarterback
With everything going on have the BOR even said where they are at in the process? Are they vetting finalist? Are they still searching for candidates?

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Source is trust me bro

View attachment 34959

This is how you know it's bullshit
I'm not a huge fan of the undisclosed source, especially nowadays. I also think it's odd to state that "three" don't want to be on record but then never reference any on the record sources.

That said, I think it's goofy Pillen wants an AD in place before a President. I think Mitch Sherman has been pretty good in his analysis. What AD takes a job without knowing who their boss is going to be? I think it reinforces the fact that leadership is clearly out of sorts.

Herbie

Quarterback
I'm not a huge fan of the undisclosed source, especially nowadays. I also think it's odd to state that "three" don't want to be on record but then never reference any on the record sources.

That said, I think it's goofy Pillen wants an AD in place before a President. I think Mitch Sherman has been pretty good in his analysis. What AD takes a job without knowing who their boss is going to be? I think it reinforces the fact that leadership is clearly out of sorts.
Also why the fuck does a state governor feel like he should have any say on who the ad is or when they should be hired?

This fucking state loves to drag university athletics in the mud for self gratification

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Also why the fuck does a state governor feel like he should have any say on who the ad is or when they should be hired?

This fucking state loves to drag university athletics in the mud for self gratification
I feel like most people with power look to exert their influence in areas they care about/have a stake in.

I also feel like most politicians are barely qualified for the positions they hold let alone the decision making in totally different arenas.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

His input is more relevant than it would be otherwise for two reasons
- He has experience as a regent and ties to the university
- The process has seemingly broken down and someone needs to break the logjam

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Where was Jimbo when Ted got left? after more than 200 days Pillbox FINALLY decides he's had enough and calls out the cronies? C'Mon Jimmy...you know where Nebraska athletics is heading??

Sesame Street Dancing GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds