Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

"Tumultuous Offseason"

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
According to Front Runner, regarding the staff.

Any insight from our insiders?

Anything that results in losing Austin or Fisher feels like a fail.

Last edited:
I'd bet those two are pretty safe. The only way they leave is on their own volition. Id assume Lubick is safe too. But everyone else is probably on a hot seat.

JMO but I see teams coming after both Fisher, Austin, and Tuioti. Maybe Beckton too.

Held seems safe bets to stay IMO. He’s valuable even though the RB position is a mess.

Dawson won’t leave.

Ruud won’t get poached by other schools and I don’t know if he’s been bad enough to get fired. The ILB’s, although unimpressive, are better than when he got here.

Verdu is the only one that would make sense to fire. Something is obviously not working there.

JMO but I see teams coming after both Fisher, Austin, and Tuioti. Maybe Beckton too.

Held seems safe bets to stay IMO. He’s valuable even though the RB position is a mess.

Dawson won’t leave.

Ruud won’t get poached by other schools and I don’t know if he’s been bad enough to get fired. The ILB’s, although unimpressive, are better than when he got here.

Verdu is the only one that would make sense to fire. Something is obviously not working there.
Would be a shame to lose Tuioti. Feel like he’s starting to pick up some steam.

According to Front Runner regarding the staff.

Any insight from our insiders?

Anything that results in losing Austin or Fisher feels like a fail.

I went to the RRS and found the thread you're referring to. I honestly have no idea what will happen with the staff or roster this offseason, but what I noticed in the thread was:

• @V-Doub is a good poster
  • A lot of the folks nominated for Mount RushTater are potatoes in that thread.
Would be a shame to lose Tuioti. Feel like he’s starting to pick up some steam.

I strongly agree with this, as well.

I have to laugh at Front Runner’s comment: “it’s not a drive by, just facts”. Well it may end up being facts, but it also sure as hell was a drive by haha

I guess I didn’t read it as solely staff-related. I’m guessing he’s referencing a combo of potential staff turnover and transfers.
Lol I thought the same.

Bummer if true. OL has been rough this year but he’s done a good job stocking depth and talent imo.
I was told it's fundamental disagreements between Frost and Austin.. Also heard Lubick might not be back either.....but my understanding was that was less definite.

This same guy told me in like October or November last year there was no way Spielman was back for the 2020 season. I think he gets good info.

I was told it's fundamental disagreements between Frost and Austin.. Also heard Lubick might not be back either.....but my understanding was that was less definite.

This same guy told me in like October or November last year there was no way Spielman was back for the 2020 season. I think he gets good info.
I could see that. Been a couple spats between Austin and Frost on the sidelines but that could also just be in-game coaching. Heads butt.

Interesting on Lubick. Maybe he’s really done with coaching for good?

Should be an interesting off season.

with Frost and Austin, you have to wonder if Austin gave up on working with Frost when he wanted to move Cam to Guard but Frost told him “No”, had anything to do with this, if True .. My buddy also told me that there’s been a lot of internal fighting between Frost and his staff and Frost has pretty much “lost” a lot of them ..

I'm fine with most of the offensive staff leaving. Time to make upgrades.

with Frost and Austin, you have to wonder if Austin gave up on working with Frost when he wanted to move Cam to Guard but Frost told him “No”, had anything to do with this, if True .. My buddy also told me that there’s been a lot of internal fighting between Frost and his staff and Frost has pretty much “lost” a lot of them ..
Ive heard similar things. Nebraska football, fun.

He didn’t say. he doesn’t speculate much...but obviously something made him say it.

my guess: the offense is dogshit haha.
Lol yes. Weird considering he’s/was supposed to be Frost Jr (probably not a great thing atm).

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back