Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL True or False: Announcement Timing (1 Viewer)

Monday is the drop dead date?

• True

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • False

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
False - we've probably said if there is no deal by Monday we walk, and this would be consistent with threat. Still not sure we would walk unless it is clear by then there will never be a deal we'd accept. I have no idea what our ceiling is.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Poor Turd - playing poker with the King of the Hedge funds.

Even if we get Rhule, we will literally be paying top dollar for him after this

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Unless the deal actually isn’t final yet, what’s the point in waiting?
Honestly, the only rationale I've heard has come from local media. The refrain has been that Turd doesn't want any distractions impacting the team until the season is over. Considering we haven't heard anything regarding Turd's mentality on the timing of an announcement from tPB sources, it's all I really have to go off of.

I think the sooner the better. Not sure what Turd thinks.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think the idea that Turd doesn't want to override Senior day/last game of the year in Memorial stadium is the likely answer. Sunday or Monday make sense for an announcement if it is Rhule.

gtlacey

Defensive Lineman
Poor Turd - playing poker with the King of the Hedge funds.

Even if we get Rhule, we will literally be paying top dollar for him after this
Sorry to be nitpicky, but I think you could rank Jim Simons, Ray Dalio, Steve Cohen, Ken Griffin and Carl Icahn ahead of Tepper.

And on top of that, Cohen is a much cooler/ better sports team owner.

But yes to your original point:, it sounds like Tepper will make us pay more for Rhule if we get him.

Blbmeb

Linebacker
Elite Member
It’s like any other investment. It’s a gamble no matter who it is. If Turd thinks Rhule is the right guy then just go get him. Yah, it might sting a little bit to pay more but look at all the revenue he could bring in if we start winning. Could you imagine the excitement if we just went to a bowl game!? If it doesn’t work out the university isn’t going to go broke.
FWIW I think the announcement comes the Sunday after the Cockeye game.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Unless the deal actually isn’t final yet, what’s the point in waiting?
The benefit of announcing the deal is low. They won't let the new coach start recruiting until the season is finished anyways and he can assemble a staff fine without a formal announcement. Maybe at the margins, the "buzz" helps get recruits interested, but it's not going to make much of a difference.

I'm completely sympathetic to the argument that there's no harm in announcing with a game or two to play and no hope for anything, but that's just not the way it's done.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds