Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Trevor Lawrence Jr. (aka Zane Flores) (1 Viewer)

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Great 2 min drill by Flores there, his receivers need to step up badly and stop dropping the ball. Also why the fuck did the clock keep running after the spike?

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
He throws a nice ball. Both of these teams look terrible though. I'm an admitted class b homer but both of the teams from last night would give both of these teams problems.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Wtf is Gretna not doing here taking timeouts? You have the best QB in the state, give him a shot if Westside scores. Absolutely horrendous clock management by Gretna.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Wtf is Gretna not doing here taking timeouts? You have the best QB in the state, give him a shot if Westside scores. Absolutely horrendous clock management by Gretna.
Westside had the worst clock management. westside let 20 seconds run off the clock until 10 odd seconds left before calling their first timeout. For Gretna you had to rely on your defense to win, timeout only would have helped the Offense regroup.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Westside had the worst clock management. westside let 20 seconds run off the clock until 10 odd seconds left before calling their first timeout. For Gretna you had to rely on your defense to win, timeout only would have helped the Offense regroup.
It was bad all around. I just don’t like the idea of having Westside score and then not getting your Power 5 quarterback back on the field to win the game.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Gretna pulled a Nebraska on special teams...
  • Blocked FG
  • Muffed punt return
  • Bad snap on the punt that was a TOD back to the LOS
Westside should have won this game handedly.

Zane I don't know if he is athletic enough for us, but man he can spin it. A couple of those throws tonight were really big boy throws. It will really depend on who we get as an OC if we get involved. He has really improved a ton.

I imagine you will see him start to get more P5 offers this summer.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Gretna pulled a Nebraska on special teams...
  • Blocked FG
  • Muffed punt return
  • Bad snap on the punt that was a TOD back to the LOS
Westside should have won this game handedly.

Zane I don't know if he is athletic enough for us, but man he can spin it. A couple of those throws tonight were really big boy throws. It will really depend on who we get as an OC if we get involved. He has really improved a ton.

I imagine you will see him start to get more P5 offers this summer.

Don't know if I could agree more with this post. Arm strength and accuracy is off the charts. He will blow up over the next 9 months.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Don't know if I could agree more with this post. Arm strength and accuracy is off the charts. He will blow up over the next 9 months.
Some of those passes to the sideline he was making had some serious pop and on the money.

Then his deep passes were fucking impressive.

If Gretna would just catch the ball tonight they probably win by 2/3 scores and Zane has over 400 yards.

He seems much further ahead than Haarberg, but maybe not as athletic. That might be the reason we don't get involved.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Some of those passes to the sideline he was making had some serious pop and on the money.

If Gretna would just catch the ball tonight they probably win by 2/3 scores and Zane has over 400 yards.

He seems much further ahead than Haarberg, but maybe not as athletic. That might be the reason we don't get involved.

So he had so many throws that were right on the dang money. But yea athletically he's probably behind Haarberg, but with the way he can sling it he might not need to keep it on 20 RPOs a game.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
This is what really stuck out to me. All his deep throws were either to where only his receivers could make a play or deep enough where no one can make a play on it. Don’t think I saw one under thrown ball from him all night.

Takes a special talent to have the arm strength to do that while still having the finesse and timing he does on the screen and intermediate game.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
So he had so many throws that were right on the dang money. But yea athletically he's probably behind Haarberg, but with the way he can sling it he might not need to keep it on 20 RPOs a game.
Ya we would definitely have some tweaks to the offense.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds