Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB X thread (7 Viewers)

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This greatly depends on your rate. That said it’s a very smart practice and even with a very low rate can shave 4-5 years off your mortgage
Paying down to 17 years seems aggressive.... I know I ran the amorts on paying half a payment bi weekly instead of 1 payment monthly on my last mortgage and it would shave off 7 years which is essentially the same concept.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Paying down to 17 years seems aggressive.... I know I ran the amorts on paying half a payment bi weekly instead of 1 payment monthly on my last mortgage and it would shave off 7 years which is essentially the same concept.
haven't done the math lately but it use to be if you paid an additional 13% of your payment to principal each month it would basically pay off a 30 yr loan in 15 years. One of the few things I remember from Accounting Classes in College

1HuskerDad

Head Coach
THIS⬇️

Your clothes came from Kmart and they stayed on layaway until school started. Eating out at a restaurant was a thing every now & then!! Fast food was leftovers at home. Eating popsicles was a treat on a hot day. We had fake cigs for candy and you only needed $1 or less. School was mandatory. You took your school clothes off as soon as you got home and put on your play clothes. If no one was home after school, you went to the neighbors. Nobody paid for daycare because we had a key to the house to get in when we got home.

We ate dinner at the table. Our house phone wasn't always being used. We played Cops and Robbers, 1-2-3 Not It, Red Light Green Light, Hide & Seek, Truth or Dare, Tag, Kickball, Dodgeball & we rode bikes. Girls and Boys played in the street. We came home when the street lights came on.

Staying in the house was a punishment and the only thing we knew about being "bored", "You better find something to do before I find it for you!" We ate what Mom made for dinner or we ate nothing at all. There was no bottled water; we drank from the tap or the water hose!

Phone numbers and address’s were either memorized or written on a folded piece of paper which was kept with you at all times!
What were Cell phones? We watched cartoons on Saturday mornings and rode our bikes for hours. We ran around in the streets until dark and came in before the street lights came on.

We were AFRAID OF NOTHING.
We watched our mouths around our Elders. If we acted up we got beat with a wooden paddle, switch or belt!

These were the good old days.
Kids today will never know how it feels to be a real kid, they will never understand my childhood!!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds