Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tominaga testing NBA (1 Viewer)

Huskers4420

Linebacker
He's got an outside shot at it. It's not likely, but a path exists

No offense, but have you been watching any of the playoff games? He would get eaten alive. Maybe if he had another 6" (don't we all). He's a great college player. Hopefully the B1G reverting back to the mean after a down year isn't a reality check.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
No offense, but have you been watching any of the playoff games? He would get eaten alive. Maybe if he had another 6" (don't we all). He's a great college player. Hopefully the B1G reverting back to the mean after a down year isn't a reality check.
I would say a pretty close comp is Duncan Robinson. Duncan might be a bit taller, but both have their limitations defensively. Duncan also is on a 90M contract, so yeah...

They're both excellent shooters and offer little defensively. Keisei's off the ball movement is also excellent.

So yes, @Baron Winnebago is correct in that a path exists.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
I would say a pretty close comp is Duncan Robinson. Duncan might be a bit taller, but both have their limitations defensively. Duncan also is on a 90M contract, so yeah...

They're both excellent shooters and offer little defensively. Keisei's off the ball movement is also excellent.

So yes, @Baron Winnebago is correct in that a path exists.

Duncan Robinson is 6' 7".

Huskers4420

Linebacker
He also can't defend. Great retort.

edit: did you just edit your first post to add that context? nice.

No that was legitimately in my initial post 😂. So therefore, yes I'd agree with you if Keisei was taller. But you can't just brush off a difference of 5" of height and call it a wash lol.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Heat gave him 5 years/$90m then realized this, gave him a bunch of DNPs this year and when he does play his minutes are way down
He's hardly played since The Bubble™. It wasn't just that he couldn't defend, he said it himself that he gained imposter syndrome after that and he then essentially lost all confidence on the offensive side of things. He was one of the better catch and shoot threats in the entire league leading up to The Bubble™

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
He's hardly played since The Bubble™. It wasn't just that he couldn't defend, he said it himself that he gained imposter syndrome after that and he then essentially lost all confidence on the offensive side of things. He was one of the better catch and shoot threats in the entire league leading up to The Bubble™
Oh yeah he definitely lost his shot as well, but when you're not shooting almost 50% from 3 anymore the defense becomes real obvious

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes. I don't think he's a playoff player for the record but lots of guys who are on NBA rosters aren't playoff players.

Keisei has two high level skills that translate well to the NBA game, shooting and basketball IQ. When you're getting down into the 13, 14, 15 player on a roster, having a high level skill gives you a chance to be that guy. Keisei is small, he's going to be at best a minus defender in the NBA, but the one thing he has going for him on that end is he's active and seems to really give a shit, which works in his favor.

Now to be clear, I don't think it's a high probability path, the probability is quite low, but there are guys in those roster spots who have serious limitations to their game but are still on NBA rosters.

I don't do enough crack to think he's an 8 man playoff rotation player, but I dabble for the record

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Japan Sunglasses GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds