Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Things going well for the Pac12 (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So is it pride that has prevented the big 12 and the pac 12 from taking the logical step of forming the Big Pac?
Size Matters GIF by Travis

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I get the tribalism of it all, but is there an actual reason we should be cheering about these teams/conferences being left in the dust? How is this going to make being a college football better or more fun?
We've been laughed at as Bottom Feeders since joining the B1G. And deservedly so. Now with the financial superiority of the B1G & $EC we are in a position to prosper and potentially make up some ground on the Football World. At some point things will even out with the other conferences because those 2 conferences having a huge financial advantage would tip the scales too much. I can see something like 4 Super Conferences being a thing in the future. In the mean time lets use our financial and exposure advantages to make us relevant again.

I'd hate to be Oregon St, Cockeye St, Washington St, Kansas St, Texas Tech............. in this current collegiate sports environment because if their conferences fall apart they will not be high on the list of schools to be picked up by the power conferences.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I get the tribalism of it all, but is there an actual reason we should be cheering about these teams/conferences being left in the dust? How is this going to make being a college football better or more fun?
I don't want them to collapse. I want the Pac12s lack of marketability to push a merger with the Big 12

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds