Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

(Theoretically of course) What would your reaction be if you heard Tom Osborne had been contacting coaches scaring off some he doesn't approve of? (1 Viewer)

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
You’re the only one here who is obsessed with tradition coalition and TO. Is the brain eating amoeba that just popped up in the Elkhorn river TO and TC’s fault too?

I get it, we want to justify why this program sucks. Maybe it’s because we are in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and no more steroids. Maybe it isn’t all our 3 time national champion former coaches fault. The downfall of this program was firing Solich… did TO want him fired?
You realize hiring him in the first place was the wrong move right?

If we are honest with ourselves If he was that great of a coach why was no one tripping over themselves to hire him when we let him go? Why was he never plucked from his 15 years and 0 conference titles in the MAC at Ohio to coach a bigger school?

I like Frank, he was a decent MAC coach but should never have had the keys to the Ferrari.

Imo

Last edited:

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I'd be pissed. I love T.O. for many reasons, but if he is meddling to that level on this hire to where it fucked us, I would be very pissed. I think he should let the 50 something yr old Alberts take the reigns completely and step away. If he wants updates, OK, here is your update, but Turd should do what he thinks best for the program and not be swayed by T.O.

IDK what level of influence T.O. has at this point, I am hoping not a lot. Maybe we will find out. Maybe not.

If T.O. has much sway at this point, Neb Football is doomed.

Anecdote: We took my almost 80-year-old (tiny) mother in law to the store to buy her insulated pants, gloves, and boots tonight. Childrens mittens size 6 were fine with her even though the wrist elastic didn't come to the end of her palm. We got children's size 10. Womens boots sized 6-9 were also fine for her, she could still walk in all three sized boots without falling down on flat, dry floors. Size 6 fit the best. We humored her that it all fit fine, but the non-geriatrics in the store decided that the fit was best.

I am sure Turd is respecting TO to get his opinion, but also not relying on it. I'm also confident that TO will not start a revolt against Turd if he makes his own decision(s). If Turd caved to booster demands so easily, UNO would still have wrastling. Sorry BobFather.

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
You’re the only one here who is obsessed with tradition coalition and TO. Is the brain eating amoeba that just popped up in the Elkhorn river TO and TC’s fault too?

I get it, we want to justify why this program sucks. Maybe it’s because we are in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and no more steroids. Maybe it isn’t all our 3 time national champion former coaches fault. The downfall of this program was firing Solich… did TO want him fired?200 (1).gif

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
You realize hiring him in the first place was the wrong move right?

If we are honest with ourselves If he was that great of a coach why was no one tripping over themselves to hire him when we let him go? Why was he never plucked from his 15 years and 0 conference titles in the MAC at Ohio to coach a bigger school?

I like Frank, he was a decent MAC coach but should never have had the keys to the Ferrari.

Imo

Holy shit, we're back to talking about Fearless Frankie's hiring?

I am still a fence sitter on whether Frank should have been fired in 2004. I just like the feeling of the fence between my legs and under my pelvis.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

I get it, we want to justify why this program sucks. Maybe it’s because we are in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and no more steroids. Maybe it isn’t all our 3 time national champion former coaches fault. The downfall of this program was firing Solich… did TO want him fired?
No TO did not want Frank fired as he got him hired, and once again you are proving my point. You appear to be defending/taking the side of TO and his regime. I wanted Frank fired. I thought he was doing a poor job with the resources he had and our program was slipping. I played football with one of the Asst Coaches on Frank's Staff so heard enough about what was going on behind the scenes from him to be concerned. We had some coaches who weren't recruiting and Frank couldn't do anything about it when he took over even though he was the head coach. Even then TO was trying to intervene after he had retired from coaching.

I know you are on Rivals so do you disagree with what Nate Clouse has written about TO and how he was a problem behind the scenes? Nate was on Bill Callahan's Recruiting Staff and saw it firsthand. Do you disagree with the other connected posters on here who have mentioned that there are Boosters who will do whatever TO tells them and it has been an issue?

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
Not a subscriber to Rivals, but saw there was a thread on the pay board talking about the depths the TC pulling out all the stops. I assume this has something to do with that?

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Alright folks, I'm mostly calling it a night.

It's clear that TO didn't want Solich to be fired. It's also clear that Callahan called TO a "crusty old fuck," and that didn't sit well with a lot of Husker fans, regardless of their vintage.

Now I'm confused about what point I was trying to make.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I also for some reason just imagined this scenario.

Matt Rhule (eating cheesy poofs on his sofa). Ring ring

MR- “Hello?”
TO -“nfkanbeibfkanbej”
MR- “Excuse me, what?”
TO- “jabmg it’s doctor thom ozbrne”
MR- “oh hello Mr. Osborne it’s great to hear from a legend such as yourself.”
TO- “go fuck urself matthew. Lincoln is mine.”

Hangs up
Rhule would hit it off with TO. Both are Bible thumpers.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Comedy Lol GIF by HBO Max

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Alright folks, I'm mostly calling it a night.

It's clear that TO didn't want Solich to be fired. It's also clear that Callahan called TO a "crusty old fuck," and that didn't sit well with a lot of Husker fans, regardless of their vintage.

Now I'm confused about what point I was trying to make.

Callahan was right about TO

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I would say that we have concocted a very convenient boogeyman to cover up for the general ineptitude of the athletic department at large.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did he say that before or after TO stonewalled him? If it is after, I have no problem with what he said. If it was before, it probably wasn't the greatest idea of all time.
It was afterwards. And there were numerous other incidents towards Callahan before he said that. Nate Clouse has even brought some up on Rivals a few times.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds