Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL Theme poll (4 Viewers)

Which theme?

• This one

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • The old one

Votes: 54 52.4%

• Total voters

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like the old theme. This new theme is as good as before, maybe a little better.

But you need to keep the navigation buttons "previous" and "next" at the start of the thread as well as at the bottom of the page.

View attachment 22449

Before the change, this appeared both at the start of the thread (page 1) and also at the bottom of the page.

After the change, this now shows at the start of the thread:

View attachment 22450

Also, dark mode shows at the top menu where "tpb" is, and there is no option to change this under settings.

Also, font size is still small even though I selected "extra large size".
Thank you! I’ll fix these

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Just another thing to throw out there, on dark mode the "Report" button at the bottom of each message is the same font/size/color as the text, which makes it look like it's part of the post rather than a button (does that make sense? see attached)

Screenshot 2023-04-26 083354.png

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
As stated in the other thread, our theme was having issues but is being worked on. I’ve been advised that everything will run smoother with this default theme, but if everyone hates it we can switch back.
Whatever works best for you. I generally hate change but this does seem faster loading.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
The font size is way too small. Having it set at extra large doesn’t do what it used to.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like the old theme. This new theme is as good as before, maybe a little better.

But you need to keep the navigation buttons "previous" and "next" at the start of the thread as well as at the bottom of the page.

View attachment 22449

Before the change, this appeared both at the start of the thread (page 1) and also at the bottom of the page.

After the change, this now shows at the start of the thread:

View attachment 22450

Also, dark mode shows at the top menu where "tpb" is, and there is no option to change this under settings.

Also, font size is still small even though I selected "extra large size".
I added page navigation to the top of threads on mobile.
I made the "largest" font size a little bigger, did that work?
I also changed the link text color to an off-blue. I can't leave both "regular text" and "link text" white or it's too hard to differentiate them from one another. Does this look ok?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I also changed the link text color to an off-blue. I can't leave both "regular text" and "link text" white or it's too hard to differentiate them from one another. Does this look ok?
thank you for making the link text a different color. It was a pita when it was same colour as regular text.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
WTF

Season 6 Starz GIF by Outlander

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Yes looks good now. Font size is a little bigger now. Thanks for your work!

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I added a light/dark mode toggle. It's up at the top right and also at the bottom left. Click the moon/lightbulb to quickly switch back and forth

I also added our old icons back to the home screen

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Still needs an easier way to navigate back to the forum I was reading when I clicked a thread tia

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
The worst part of the new theme is that there's not enough contrast between threads with new posts and ones that you're caught up on.

Second worst is that on mobile it doesn't tell you who made the newest post so you don't know if you should skip checking it or not.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The worst part of the new theme is that there's not enough contrast between threads with new posts and ones that you're caught up on.

Second worst is that on mobile it doesn't tell you who made the newest post so you don't know if you should skip checking it or not.
Is that on dark mode or normal?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds