Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The culture (1 Viewer)

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
I’m all for Bo being fired, he had worn out his welcome. Hiring Riley set this program back a decade. Eichorst really fucked us.
I feel like Eichorst set the program back and Frost set it back further.

That’s not to discount what Riley did — he just never should have been hired. And when he was, Eichorst was the one running things.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I’m all for Bo being fired, he had worn out his welcome. Hiring Riley set this program back a decade. Eichorst really fucked us.
I'm saying it wasn't Riley's fault. He did recruit descent and didn't put a square peg into a round hole and kept the offense the same to match TA's strength and etc. His final year was a disaster, but his second year was okay.

Frost did nothing to fix the culture but blame everyone else for his shortcomings. This place has been a shit show ever since they fired Solich because his worst season he won only 9 games. Some of you more know more than I do about the BS back then, but some things haven't changed.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Scott Frost really should have done a better job of Coaching up Jeff Sims, pathetic.

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
Scott Frost really should have done a better job of Coaching up Jeff Sims, pathetic.
Scott Frost hitched his wagon to a guy for 4 years and never tried to improve the position. His handpicked QB regressed. He left the position group in shambles.

Rhule missed on Sims, and that’s on him. But he benched him after two games. Unfortunately there was no one behind him.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I'm saying it wasn't Riley's fault. He did recruit descent and didn't put a square peg into a round hole and kept the offense the same to match TA's strength and etc. His final year was a disaster, but his second year was okay.

Frost did nothing to fix the culture but blame everyone else for his shortcomings. This place has been a shit show ever since they fired Solich because his worst season he won only 9 games. Some of you more know more than I do about the BS back then, but some things haven't changed.
Solich's worst season was 7-7 fwiw

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Scott Frost hitched his wagon to a guy for 4 years and never tried to improve the position. His handpicked QB regressed. He left the position group in shambles.

Rhule missed on Sims, and that’s on him. But he benched him after two games. Unfortunately there was no one behind him.
I agreed with you up until you said Rhule benched Sims.

Sims got hurt. HH took over and luckily got a few wins out of it.

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
I agreed with you up until you said Rhule benched Sims.

Sims got hurt. HH took over and luckily got a few wins out of it.
This entire time I assumed the injury was an excuse by Rhule to save face for Sims.

If I’m wrong, then you’re correct. But I never thought the injury was that bad. I admit I could be way off base with this.

Edited: I’m actually highly confident this was the case.

Last edited:

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Eh, I know it’s a side topic but Riley fucked this program much more than Frost IMO. Idc about record. Both are shit coaches though.
Kobe Bryant What GIF

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
just opinions..

On Bo, he wanted out. The 'fish bowl' was killing him and to me, the lashing out and temper outbursts were symptoms of this, if not downright self sabotage.

Eichorst was calling the shots, not Riley.. Riley was just a yes man and nice guy, which is how he still kept getting hired post Nebraska.

Frost was in over his head and too stubborn.. He probably would have done better at any other school.

Rhule, one thing I have noticed so far, is how he pandered to the fan base a little bit.. changing QB's (some say to injury) but he went along with the fan base when they wanted a change.

I criticized his eval on Sims and making the QB and RB rooms worse before the season started, but I also think HH was available for the Cockeye game and should have played him in an attempt to get the 6th win. Purdy, is winless, and I don't think any coach would gamble on that if they were trying to get that 6th win. So to me, he chose appeasing the fan base more than wanting to get bowl eligible.

I an interested to see what happens on the offensive side of the ball in the offseason. I have a fear that it gets worse.. but let's hope not.

I could not disagree more with playing HH against Cockeye if he was available…. Purdy’s pick at the end of the game was bad, but he’s an infinitely better QB than HH

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I know.. there are a TON of fans like you.. let's play the winless guy over the guy who actually got you all your wins this season, in a game that could get you to a bowl game!

it's absolutely bonkers.. but that my friend, is what Husker fans are these days.. perfection over progress, stats over wins, masturbation over getting laid.. wait.. I will stop there ;)
What on earth was a banged up HH going to do against that Cockeye defense? We couldn’t run the ball. They were stacking like 8-9 in the box.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
I know.. there are a TON of fans like you.. let's play the winless guy over the guy who actually got you all your wins this season, in a game that could get you to a bowl game!

it's absolutely bonkers.. but that my friend, is what Husker fans are these days.. perfection over progress, stats over wins, masturbation over getting laid.. wait.. I will stop there ;)

HH also lost games - 12/28 for 129 and 2 picks against MSU… godawful… I don’t know if he’s a relative of yours or you just love a homegrown player, but he’s ridiculously bad at QB.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
yes, he did have some pretty awful play, but it isn't always about individuals..

generally, I think he made the guys around him better and because of that, the offense played better as a whole when he was in there.

we didn't have a lot of good options to be sure, but I think choosing Purdy was a mistake for that last game.
You sound like you fell off the Frost wagon after the Ga Southern game.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
yes, he did have some pretty awful play, but it isn't always about individuals..

generally, I think he made the guys around him better and because of that, the offense played better as a whole when he was in there.

we didn't have a lot of good options to be sure, but I think choosing Purdy was a mistake for that last game.
How was he going to move the ball against that defense? He couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn down the stretch

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member

I think he made basically everyone worse since he couldn’t distribute the ball and teams started stacking the box.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds