Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The culture (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
No reason to blame Frost for the offensive staff being complete failures this season, which is on Rhule.

If Rhule doesn't have high level assistants, that's on him. If he hasn't figured out NIL, that's on him, and if he can't in game coach at this point after holding 3 head coaching jobs totalling over a decade of time, that's on him.

Ty Rob is coming back because of the culture and I suspect that they will fare pretty well in keeping contributors out of the portal because of the culture. Rhule's flipped it. It ain't broken so now let's not shovel more shit on the worst coach of all time and look to Turd to hold his $90 million man accountable

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
No reason to blame Frost for the offensive staff being complete failures this season, which is on Rhule.

If Rhule doesn't have high level assistants, that's on him. If he hasn't figured out NIL, that's on him, and if he can't in game coach at this point after holding 3 head coaching jobs totalling over a decade of time, that's on him.

Ty Rob is coming back because of the culture and I suspect that they will fare pretty well in keeping contributors out of the portal because of the culture. Rhule's flipped it. It ain't broken so now let's not shovel more shit on the worst coach of all time and look to Turd to hold his $90 million man accountable
Talk of culture gets annoying. Since the defense played better was it culture or coaching? Since the offense sucked ass was it culture or coaching. Good assistants make life a lot easier for a head coach. Shit assistants will get the head coach fired.

Last edited:

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Talk of culture gets annoying. Since the defense played better was it culture or coaching? Since the offense sucked ass was it culture or coaching. Good assistants make life a lot easier as a head coach. Shit assistants will get the head coach fired.
I think it’s more building a program around a winning mindset. It takes time to get used to losing - which happened after we fired Pelini - and it takes just as much effort/time to get used to winning.

But I agree - the term “culture” is extremely annoying and subjective.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think it’s more building a program around a winning mindset. It takes time to get used to losing - which happened after we fired Pelini - and it takes just as much effort/time to get used to winning.

But I agree - the term “culture” is extremely annoying and subjective.
I do wonder if the players expect shit to go sideways at some point late in games. I’m not saying they don’t care, but I don’t know if they actually have the belief they will win. I agree it might not click quickly, but it’s still crazy we shit the bed in the last four games and choked the way we did.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's "the culture" strikes me as a pretty transparent way to say it's the players fault without explicitly blaming them

doublewing

Running Back
The culture is something that the NE writers and message board administrators rave about in the preseason but then quickly point out it was the opposite of that in the postseason. Wash/rinse/repeat for the next preseason where there are "seniors taking charge, "more intense workouts," and other copy/paste articles from the previous preseason.

Not seeing that as much of revealing the negativity this postseason but every season for about the last 10 years that's been the case.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
The thing that honestly bothers me most about that tweet is the part where "Rhule needs to work on his in game management."

He's been a HC for quite a while now. If he still needs to fix it after all this time, I think it's safe to say he doesn't really know how to fix it. This is who he is as a HC. It's just one of the warts that Rhule has.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
The culture is something that the NE writers and message board administrators rave about in the preseason but then quickly point out it was the opposite of that in the postseason. Wash/rinse/repeat for the next preseason where there are "seniors taking charge, "more intense workouts," and other copy/paste articles from the previous preseason.

Not seeing that as much of revealing the negativity this postseason but every season for about the last 10 years that's been the case.
ding ding ding

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Eh, I know it’s a side topic but Riley fucked this program much more than Frost IMO. Idc about record. Both are shit coaches though.
Sarcastic Joke GIF

Ummm, Riley had an 8 or 9 win season, made it to a bowl, and beat a top 10 team at home. Eichorst is the one who set the program back more than anyone else by Firing Bo, hiring Riley and forcing Diaco on him.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The thing that honestly bothers me most about that tweet is the part where "Rhule needs to work on his in game management."

He's been a HC for quite a while now. If he still needs to fix it after all this time, I think it's safe to say he doesn't really know how to fix it. This is who he is as a HC. It's just one of the warts that Rhule has.
I feel like game management is something that gets disproportionately talked about with losing even though you see plenty of winners mismanage the fuck out of games every weekend

whoboppin

Linebacker
Sarcastic Joke GIF

Ummm, Riley had an 8 or 9 win season, made it to a bowl, and beat a top 10 team at home. Eichorst is the one who set the program back more than anyone else by Firing Bo, hiring Riley and forcing Diaco on him.
Riley tanked a consistent 9 win program in 3 years and was getting 50+ dropped on him every week. Roster was a fucking mess at the end of 2017.

Maybe he shouldn’t be such a pussy and let other people dictate who his DC would be.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Riley tanked a consistent 9 win program in 3 years and was getting 50+ dropped on him every week. Roster was a fucking mess at the end of 2017.

Maybe he shouldn’t be such a pussy and let other people dictate who his DC would be.
Right….and Bo wasn’t getting blown out either? I guess you forgot the day that Wisconsin had 1 RB go for 408 yards and shit the bed in a BIG championship game. Bo got lazy on the recruiting trail near the end.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Sarcastic Joke GIF

And Dr. Tom hand picked Eichorst

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member

Yeah, Riley's the pussy here.

Give me a break.

Scott couldn't have fucked this program anymore than he did.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Right….and Bo wasn’t getting blown out either? I guess you forgot the day that Wisconsin had 1 RB go for 408 yards and shit the bed in a BIG championship game. Bo got lazy on the recruiting trail near the end.
Bo also knew he was getting fired.

whoboppin

Linebacker
I’m all for Bo being fired, he had worn out his welcome. Hiring Riley set this program back a decade. Eichorst really fucked us.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds