Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The 19th Loss (1 Viewer)

TrentMilfer

Horny Walk-on
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do we?

If his job was dependent on a fan vote where does the vote fall? Retain vs Fire
That would be a good question. I have a feeling most would say keep him for another season or 2 but he has to make some changes with his coaching staff. Some of our fans are so afraid of change or even willing to get rid of a Husker Legend. I think we give him at least 1 more year but no more than 2 years if we continue to lose. Firing him now would really divide our fan base.

Our former players certainly are held in high esteem. I cringe every time I see posters mention we should considering hiring Turner Gill as our Head Coach. I can't even begin to tell you how big of a mess the KU program was under his watch. His Christian Values and how he put them onto the team was not a good thing. Even the Asst Coaches knew his reign was going to be very short after the first team meeting. Turner addressed the team and gave them all kinds of rules, like cell phone restrictions, restrictions on the hours girls could be in their rooms....... and that there was no drinking during the season, and that included all of the coaches. When he said that his newly hired coaches were shocked because it was the first they had heard of it. His OC Chuck Long leaned over to another coach and said "well, looks like I'm out of here" after hearing the no drinking during the season for the Asst Coaches.

Posters also clamor for Mark Mangino and he was one of the biggest Pieces of Shit. He was fired because the police kept getting called to his house for Domestic Violence. AD Perkins lived 2 houses down from him so cop cars pulling up to his house at night didn't escape his watchful eye. KU does a great job keeping things quite that happen in Lawrence with players and coaches. Mangino has incredible anger issues, is a complete asshole and beats his wife.

TrentMilfer

Horny Walk-on
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
That would be a good question. I have a feeling most would say keep him for another season or 2 but he has to make some changes with his coaching staff. Some of our fans are so afraid of change or even willing to get rid of a Husker Legend. I think we give him at least 1 more year but no more than 2 years if we continue to lose. Firing him now would really divide our fan base.

Our former players certainly are held in high esteem. I cringe every time I see posters mention we should considering hiring Turner Gill as our Head Coach. I can't even begin to tell you how big of a mess the KU program was under his watch. His Christian Values and how he put them onto the team was not a good thing. Even the Asst Coaches knew his reign was going to be very short after the first team meeting. Turner addressed the team and gave them all kinds of rules, like cell phone restrictions, restrictions on the hours girls could be in their rooms....... and that there was no drinking during the season, and that included all of the coaches. When he said that his newly hired coaches were shocked because it was the first they had heard of it. His OC Chuck Long leaned over to another coach and said "well, looks like I'm out of here" after hearing the no drinking during the season for the Asst Coaches.

Posters also clamor for Mark Mangino and he was one of the biggest Pieces of Shit. He was fired because the police kept getting called to his house for Domestic Violence. AD Perkins lived 2 houses down from him so cop cars pulling up to his house at night didn't escape his watchful eye. KU does a great job keeping things quite that happen in Lawrence with players and coaches. Mangino has incredible anger issues, is a complete asshole and beats his wife.
does this change your mind about Mangino?

Attachments

• 1607111321958.png
    1607111321958.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 1

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Buddy of mine that worked for Kansas said Bill Self is a huge prick too.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I haven't really interacted with him, use to have his cell number. Probably still got it somewhere. In public he is generally incredibly friendly. And really intelligent. Bill remembers the name of almost everyone he ever meets, seriously meets someone 3 years ago and remembers their name. The Asst Coaches and players like him. Bill does come across a bit as a Politican in that he is great at the PR stuff, maybe to some he can be an ass behind the scenes. I could see that if you got on his bad side he might be a complete ass.

Funny thing with Self, he has a rule pertaining to bars/restaurants and his players. If he is in the place first and they walk in they have to leave. If they were there first he has to leave. Pretty much no talking with each other just turn around and leave. Doesn't want to open the door to any negative publicity of players drinking around coaches or getting benefits. Bill is a very smart person and knows how to play the game

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I haven't really interacted with him, use to have his cell number. Probably still got it somewhere. In public he is generally incredibly friendly. And really intelligent. Bill remembers the name of almost everyone he ever meets, seriously meets someone 3 years ago and remembers their name. The Asst Coaches and players like him. Bill does come across a bit as a Politican in that he is great at the PR stuff, maybe to some he can be an ass behind the scenes. I could see that if you got on his bad side he might be a complete ass.

Funny thing with Self, he has a rule pertaining to bars/restaurants and his players. If he is in the place first and they walk in they have to leave. If they were there first he has to leave. Pretty much no talking with each other just turn around and leave. Doesn't want to open the door to any negative publicity of players drinking around coaches or getting benefits. Bill is a very smart person and knows how to play the game
Friend worked on the huskervision (whatever Kansas is called) stuff. At least partially i think he was bitter about the rule bending. i.e. hiring another staff member but their job title was in some other department (like huskervision) so the budget numbers ran through their department and didn't count against any NCAA restrictions. I don't remember if there were any other examples of Self being a dick to him specifically. He's been at Auburn now for the last few years.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Friend worked on the huskervision (whatever Kansas is called) stuff. At least partially i think he was bitter about the rule bending. i.e. hiring another staff member but their job title was in some other department (like huskervision) so the budget numbers ran through their department and didn't count against any NCAA restrictions. I don't remember if there were any other examples of Self being a dick to him specifically. He's been at Auburn now for the last few years.
Sounds like a similar job one of my relatives held under Roy Williams. Technically worked for Sunflower Cable but had an office in Allen Fieldhouse and traveled with the team.

There are so many sneaky things colleges do to get around regulations and budgets. I have friends who have played football or basketball at Neb, Tennessee, Florida, KU, Stanford, ASU, KSU, ISU, Mizzou, Michigan, LSU, Texas, Fresno St, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Cockeye, Northwestern......... and all of them have interesting stories of stuff that has gone on behind the scenes. Also interacted with a bunch of the coaches and it is all just playing the game, hoping not to get caught.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sounds like a similar job one of my relatives held under Roy Williams. Technically worked for Sunflower Cable but had an office in Allen Fieldhouse and traveled with the team.

There are so many sneaky things colleges do to get around regulations and budgets. I have friends who have played football or basketball at Neb, Tennessee, Florida, KU, Stanford, ASU, KSU, ISU, Mizzou, Michigan, LSU, Texas, Fresno St, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Cockeyes, Northwestern......... and all of them have interesting stories of stuff that has gone on behind the scenes. Also interacted with a bunch of the coaches and it is all just playing the game, hoping not to get caught.
And if you're in that department and not getting a raise because it doesn't fit in the budget I can imagine you'd get bitter about it.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
A chick who graduated from Kansas who use to rent from me said Bill Self liked his alcohol and would meet his side piece at his favorite dive bar a lot. She said he wasn’t a bad guy overall.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

Is the story true Mangino couldn’t wipe his own ass?

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is the story true Mangino couldn’t wipe his own ass?
Yup, his little T Rex arms were too short to reach around his huge ass. KU Booster Doug Compton paid to have a special bathroom put in his office. Had a shower and yes he just flossed with the towels and the towel boys had to wash them. Everybody hated Mangino. Just a prick of a human being.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds