Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Thank you for your service!! (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Dean trying to act like he isn't an ass kissing fan boy.

OGC.4de7790e38c1168ca5fcb8e99682d28f

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
In Deab Callabad land the measure of a journalist's tegrity and professionalism is the quantity of Husker memorabilia in the den and not the ability to analyze and question the program in an unbiased fashion.

He's very blessed that thousands of retards pay him for his reporting.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
That douche thinks so highly of himself that he thinks we would care or think he was biased if he owned or wore Husker gear? What a chump! I think he’s a fool for pretending that matters to his fans or readers. Bet more of them think he’s an idiot now.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
As much as Dean sucks, I do agree with him and somewhat similar about being a professional. I used to be a pretty die hard Husker fan with season tickets, travel to 2-3 away games, game days were morning to bar closing, new apparel every year, basement was full of memorability and wall hangings and once I started to get in college officiating that slowly went away. My last Husker shirt or hat I bought was probably 6-7 years ago, get 1-2 games in a year, if that. There was a stretch that I didn't go to a game for several years. I don't get star struck talking to any player or coach on the team. I follow and don't care too much about wins and losses, it's really weird when you get on the professional side of things. But of course the record over the last decade has helped accelerate that.

In the last 7 years I've watched more high school football in Memorial Stadium than Husker games.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
As much as Dean sucks, I do agree with him and somewhat similar about being a professional. I used to be a pretty die hard Husker fan with season tickets, travel to 2-3 away games, game days were morning to bar closing, new apparel every year, basement was full of memorability and wall hangings and once I started to get in college officiating that slowly went away. My last Husker shirt or hat I bought was probably 6-7 years ago, get 1-2 games in a year, if that. There was a stretch that I didn't go to a game for several years. I don't get star struck talking to any player or coach on the team. I follow and don't care too much about wins and losses, it's really weird when you get on the professional side of things. But of course the record over the last decade has helped accelerate that.

In the last 7 years I've watched more high school football in Memorial Stadium than Husker games.
Only you know if that’s due to your professional undertaking but I’d honestly lean on age and state of the program. You’re getting more mature so the bar scene subsided, who you once looked up to are now not older than you playing the sport you grew up loving long before you understood it, but now are just kids to you and of course we’ve sucked so it’s not as exciting as it once was. Please never try to compare yourself to Deab!

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

Yea, but you ARE a professional with what you do.
Dean is an oaf that runs a message board and somehow managed to convince people to pay for news they could get from their local barber.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

If we didn’t suck ass do you think you’d be a bigger fan?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
And to follow up, if you were a better official, do you think you could help us win games? I am of course talking about being on the take for Nebraska. Hypothetically
If there's one thing that's improved since Frost first year it's penalties have gone down. Pretty sure @alt f4 is directly responsible for that.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG

What level(s) of college do you officiate?

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
If we didn’t suck ass do you think you’d be a bigger fan?

It's made this transition a lot easier for sure. Typically I've seen enough mid-week to get my fill of Husker football.

What level(s) of college do you officiate?

NAIA, have turned down D2 in past. I'd love to do MIAA, but I'm on the edge of MIAA footprint so travel is a bit much. Most Saturdays would be a 10-16 hour day.

And to follow up, if you were a better official, do you think you could help us win games? I am of course talking about being on the take for Nebraska. Hypothetically

I would have been better off on the staff managing the last 5 minutes of each game.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
If there's one thing that's improved since Frost first year it's penalties have gone down. Pretty sure @alt f4 is directly responsible for that.

There is some truth to that. Frost's first year he didn't want officials at practice until Minnesota week, which was like game 7. In practice we had flags all over. Prior to that I believe they had 10+ per game. After we started they cut penalties and yardage in half the rest of the season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds