Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tater Island Coaching Grades: Matt Rhule C+ (1 Viewer)

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
How would you grade HCMR?

"Rhule was charged with returning Nebraska back to national relevancy, and while many of the same pitfalls that have plagued the program in recent seasons (poor quarterback play, iffy in-game management and too many close losses) remained present in Year 1, the Cornhuskers remain on the right track under the former Tulane and Baylor coach.

Nebraska went 5-7, losing four consecutive one-score games to end the year, and thus failing to snap the program’s extended bowl-less streak. The offense somehow regressed this season (125th nationally in scoring, nation’s worst 31 turnovers), but Tony White’s 3-3-5 defense was one of the stingiest in the Big Ten.

Still, the program is full of hope after Rhule inked a Top 25 recruiting class, headlined by flipping 5-star quarterback Dylan Raiola from Georgia."

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I can’t disagree.

In terms of his season record, C+ seems right.

In terms of how he’s been doing as our coach for the last year, I would give him an A-. He seems to be doing a lot right and it’s creating a positive feeling that I never had after Riley or Frost.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
C+ is about what I'd give him. If the offense hadn't been a top-to-bottom shitshow and I had any faith in any of the offensive assistants he hired besides Raiola (wtf, right?), then it would be higher.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I would give him a c+ for the season, b+ for the roster management.

When did Rhule coach at Tulane?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I mean we lost 4 straight to end the year, you hired a shit OC and there was turnovers everywhere.....

You also hired a great DC, got the OL heading the right way, signed two good classes, got your QB......

C+ seems fair.

If he hires a Co-OC/QB coach like Glen Thomas I would bump it into the B range.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean we lost 4 straight to end the year, you hired a shit OC and there was turnovers everywhere.....

You also hired a great DC, got the OL heading the right way, signed two good classes, got your QB......

C+ seems fair.

If he hires a Co-OC/QB coach like Glen Thomas I would bump it into the B range.
Was interesting that they rated F1ckell a C-.

Because there was a very smart poster on TPB who told us every week that F1ckell was doing a superior coaching job to Rhule. 🤔🤔🤔

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Tater Island was very impressed by Colorado's "upset" win over Nebraska. You know, the upset win where Colorado was favored by -3.0. That was an awesome upset victory, that they were favored to win.

View attachment 32070

If finishing the season 1-8 after a 3-0 start is a “whimper” I’m not sure what would actually classify as a colossal failure of epic proportions.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
C+ is fair. He was held back by our offensive players, but he gets full responsibility for Bringing in Satt and Jeff Sims. Defense is the only reason he's graded as high as a C+. Losing 4 winnable games in a row in November probably should put him at a C if we're all being honest. That said, I feel good about him turning it around ..

SolichFan1987

Linebacker
Elite Member
Was interesting that they rated F1ckell a C-.

Because there was a very smart poster on TPB who told us every week that F1ckell was doing a superior coaching job to Rhule. 🤔🤔🤔
Honestly I wasn’t that impressed with #2ndChoice this year. He took over a WAY better situation than Rhule did, and was only one game better in the regular season.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly I wasn’t that impressed with #2ndChoice this year. He took over a WAY better situation than Rhule did, and was only one game better in the regular season.
I honestly didn’t see a huge difference between both rosters outside rb. Their qb was better, but he wasn't very good.!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds