Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (4 Viewers)

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Going to be buying a lot of HIMS this year now that they sell ozempic for 1/9th of the cost. America is getting skinny again.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Oof, I have my thoughts on that stuff, but IDK if I wanna derail the thread, lol.
I don't know anything about it except celebrities have been buying it all up to lose weight. I think a bunch of hefty Midwestern women are going to throw their money at it now that it's more affordable.

Toe

Wide Receiver
Well, long story short, the thing about Ozempic is that it's mostly just an appetite suppressant. In the long run, it has all the same problems as any other 'cut the calories way back' diet: most people will ultimately end up gaining the weight right back. Losing weight is the easy part, it's keeping it off that's hard. Ozempic doesn't really change that, unless you're ready to commit to taking it for the rest of your life.

But that last part does make it attractive as an investment, I suppose...

Last edited:

Toe

Wide Receiver
Trump Media lost $328 million in the first quarter on just $770,500 in revenue. You buying?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

Red Lobster has filed for bankruptcy.

Who needs Ozempic when all of the fat palaces are being squeezed out.

Sad! I remember back when we had a POTUS that was a king of fats

Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg

PS: the pics from this will never stop being funny, it actually happening is funnier than anything SNL could ever come up with as satire

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Who needs Ozempic when all of the fat palaces are being squeezed out.

Sad! I remember back when we had a POTUS that was a king of fats

Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg

PS: the pics from this will never stop being funny, it actually happening is funnier than anything SNL could ever come up with as satire
"Make sure to get some Wendy's as well...not everyone like's McDonalds"

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
Well, long story short, the thing about Ozempic is that it's mostly just an appetite suppressant. In the long run, it has all the same problems as any other 'cut the calories way back' diet: most people will ultimately end up gaining the weight right back. Losing weight is the easy part, it's keeping it off that's hard. Ozempic doesn't really change that, unless you're ready to commit to taking it for the rest of your life.

But that last part does make it attractive as an investment, I suppose...

My wife manages two Metabolic Research Centers, which always centered on teaching people how to each properly on their own, mixed with their Protein Drinks and supplements. When they started offering Meds, they made all of their clients still continue to do program (learning how to eat properly and use the protein drinks) because research showed two things: 80% of clients would gain back their weight within 60 days once they stopped using the meds if they didn't know how to eat properly, the meds cause a loss of muscle mass if you aren't supplementing with protein. I appreciate the way they've chosen to approach it instead of the majority of operations that just prescribe and don't worry about what it may do to their clients long term. The meds are definitely not a magical pill, but it is amazing the impact they can have if paired with good nutrition.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds