Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stewart Mandel Prediction (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
That's a 25% improvement over the previous season. You have to keep riding that sort of a rocket ship.
That will no shit be presented as part of the justification for keeping him. Then you'll have the taters clamoring for another year to let Frost, Whipple, and Mickey gel.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
That will no shit be presented as part of the justification for keeping him. Then you'll have the taters clamoring for another year to let Frost, Whipple, and Mickey gel.
I think Turd expects more than 6 wins myself. I’m guessing he might expect something like 8 wins. We will see if his nuts are still clipped if Frost wins 6-7 games and gets abused in 2-3 games.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I think Turd expects more than 6 wins myself. I’m guessing he might expect something like 8 wins. We will see if his nuts are still clipped if Frost wins 6-7 games and gets abused in 2-3 games.
Tbh, I don't think it really matters what Turd thinks. Only matters what the taters with cash want.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG

I think this is a very real possibility. The fact that we hired two assistants that are highly regarded nationally, plus Frost is still a TC favorite. TC is going to be out in full force as long as our season isn’t over on Black Friday. I think 6-6 brings frost back. Not because of what Turd wants, but because of what the money wants.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Guess he has us beating Rutgers & Indiana in conference play?

Mitch Sherman Breakdown (from April)

Here's a tip for paywalled content: Inspect the page, hit the settings gear top right, scroll down and disable JavaScript and reload with the settings page still open... no more paywall

Interesting note: "Frost, while handing control of the passing game to Whipple, maintains oversight of the ground attack."

I didn't know this, is this correct or just old/bad info?
Would explain us hearing so much about how good our run game looks/run blocking is better. Of course - Scott is overseeing the ground attack.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I think this is a very real possibility. The fact that we hired two assistants that are highly regarded nationally, plus Frost is still a TC favorite. TC is going to be out in full force as long as our season isn’t over on Black Friday. I think 6-6 brings frost back. Not because of what Turd wants, but because of what the money wants.
I agree this is veryyy possible. BUT looking at the sequence of the schedule, ending up 6-6 would most likely mean the back half of the season is a miserable slog.

I'm assuming if we lose to NW it means the wheels are off immediately and we wouldn't even make it to 6 wins in the first place. So let's say 3 of our 6 wins are NW, North Dakota, and Ga Southern. A 6-6 season after a 3-0 start means we'd go 3-6 the rest of the way, with our best shot at wins being the stretch of Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, and Illinois, which ends on October 29... with four games left.

Long story short, 6-6 FEELS like it would be enough because people could say it was progress, but the actual route to ending up 6-6 most likely means we stumble our way through most of the season, and probably lose at least our last four games. I don't think there would be much goodwill or patience left from the fanbase by that point.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds