Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stewart Mandel Prediction (2 Viewers)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Guess he has us beating Rutgers & Indiana in conference play?

Mitch Sherman Breakdown (from April)

Here's a tip for paywalled content: Inspect the page, hit the settings gear top right, scroll down and disable JavaScript and reload with the settings page still open... no more paywall

Interesting note: "Frost, while handing control of the passing game to Whipple, maintains oversight of the ground attack."

I didn't know this, is this correct or just old/bad info?
is that using chrome as a browser? cuz i can't find java script settings, but i'm kinda worthless too.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
is that using chrome as a browser? cuz i can't find java script settings, but i'm kinda worthless too.
Check my thread bro

Last edited:

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Wrong what a dipshit

We win 8+ this year

Easy
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think these national pundits have seen enough of scofro to think he'll live up to or (god forbid) exceed expectations. Many have said it for 4 years and now they are saying he's a 3-4-5 win coach until he proves otherwise. don't blame stewie at all.

But when I say it on the RSS, taters call me a troll and tell me to STFU.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Check my thread bro

Kevin Durant Mvp GIF by NBA

Toe

Wide Receiver

Toe

Wide Receiver
Interesting note: "Frost, while handing control of the passing game to Whipple, maintains oversight of the ground attack."

I didn't know this, is this correct or just old/bad info?

By all accounts I've heard, the offense is Whipple's passing scheme plus Frost's running scheme. I remember Thompson saying that's what he was studying on film just after he announced his transfer.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't think Frost is the solution long term. So I'm not opposed to a reset.

However I don't think we are bad enough to do a 4-8 with this schedule. I think that's just nuts. I also don't think Mandel realizes how much $$$ our NIL team spent on improving the roster. Mathis, Omar Brown, Tommi Hill, Thompson, Purdy, Palmer... not to mention Anthony Grant and Ajay Allen.

I don't think Mandel realizes that our boosters probably spent $2-3m upgrading this roster. No one in the West really did this. I'm all for the 4-8 but that's not realistic with the talent level there. Even for the biggest Frost haters.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I don't think Frost is the solution long term. So I'm not opposed to a reset.

However I don't think we are bad enough to do a 4-8 with this schedule. I think that's just nuts. I also don't think Mandel realizes how much $$$ our NIL team spent on improving the roster. Mathis, Omar Brown, Tommi Hill, Thompson, Purdy, Palmer... not to mention Anthony Grant and Ajay Allen.

I don't think Mandel realizes that our boosters probably spent $2-3m upgrading this roster. No one in the West really did this. I'm all for the 4-8 but that's not realistic with the talent level there. Even for the biggest Frost haters.
Yeah, but it wasn't 3-9 talent last year. It wasn't "start the season 0-6" talent his first year. Etc.

Doubt Scott Frost's ability to obliterate the odds at your own peril.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, but it wasn't 3-9 talent last year. It wasn't "start the season 0-6" talent his first year. Etc.

Doubt Scott Frost's ability to obliterate the odds at your own peril.
I still wouldn't bet on 4-8 though. That be an embarrassing endictment of Whipple, Joseph, Chinander, Fisher and Bill Busch.

I'm predicting 6-6.

Now, if I was Mandel, I'd predict 4-8 too. Because, Fuck Frost. So I respect what he's doing. But for those rooting for armageddon, I'm hear to tell you that 4-8 is going to be tough. That involves a lot of good position coaches to just collectively shit their pants. That won't happen. 6-6 probably will. But not 4-8.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I still wouldn't bet on 4-8 though. That be an embarrassing endictment of Whipple, Joseph, Chinander, Fisher and Bill Busch.

I'm predicting 6-6.

Now, if I was Mandel, I'd predict 4-8 too. Because, Fuck Frost. So I respect what he's doing. But for those rooting for armageddon, I'm hear to tell you that 4-8 is going to be tough. That involves a lot of good position coaches to just collectively shit their pants. That won't happen. 6-6 probably will. But not 4-8.
A few key injuries could make 4-8 plausible.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Key injuries can make any team go 4-8.

(outside of maybe 8-10 schools)
I think more schools than 8-10 can withstand a few key injuries and do better than 4-8. Two to three teams in the west could do better than 4-8 with some key injuries.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds