Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Spring Practice (8 Viewers)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Orrrr does it bring about more concussions because you do the same thing in a game that you do in practice, if not more violent in a game scenario, but you don’t have the protection of the maxi-pad in-game?

#TheMoreYouKnow
Data seems to mixed on its efficacy but I think the premise that it increases concussions might be without merit. (for now). Its biggest impact might be to protect an institution from a lawsuit.

Here are a couple articles I found:

Stanford article
University Hospitals
Peer Reviewed article

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Orrrr does it bring about more concussions because you do the same thing in a game that you do in practice, if not more violent in a game scenario, but you don’t have the protection of the maxi-pad in-game?

#TheMoreYouKnow
No, that doesn’t make any sense

biscuitbagger3

Linebacker
Elite Member
But hear me out. What if the data doesn’t know jack shit?
Thankfully this is the kind of data and study that a high schooler could set up, so there is a really strong chance of a direct causal link.

Also, your logic on game play vs practice is absolutely atrocious, but I’m guessing you’re trolling.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
But hear me out. What if the data doesn’t know jack shit?
star trek hm GIF by HULU

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The positive of that is you have a bunch of position coaches that know that and will hopefully be grinding their asses off to be next in line and be ready to go.
Agreed. I also have full faith that Rhule will be able to hire a solid DC if need be.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
We all really need to enjoy this season given Tony White is probably gonzo next offseason.
That's very true. However, Rhule has always fielded a solid defense. Plus, I feel pretty confident in Dvoracek or Knighting stepping into the DC role next year and thriving. I'm more concerned with filling the positional spots...

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
That's very true. However, Rhule has always fielded a solid defense. Plus, I feel pretty confident in Dvoracek or Knighting stepping into the DC role next year and thriving. I'm more concerned with filling the positional spots...
Probably have to give a raise to one of them that isn't the DC so they don't bail.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds