Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Son of a bitch

Finished 9-20 for 101 no TDs
13 for 52yds 1 TD rushing

he still sucks…just not as much
He has a much better coach and a better team around him. He needs to be a manager and that’s it. The big question is will he take care of the ball against the better teams he plays. Either way he will make a bowl and have a better season than Frost.

I mean great but they just whipped an SEC team 40-6. We had a 3 quarter battle with Buffalo
First off Missouri is fucking terrible. Vanderbilt is an SEC team too. I bet Vandy beats Missouri. Second him handing the ball off and getting more yards than when he handed it off at Nebraska or defense holding teams to less points has absolutely nothing to do with Martinez.

First off Missouri is fucking terrible. Vanderbilt is an SEC team too. I bet Vandy beats Missouri. Second him handing the ball off and getting more yards than when he handed it off at Nebraska or defense holding teams to less points has absolutely nothing to do with Martinez.
Can you just let me be irritated that I was so excited we had Frost back in 2018 but seems 95% of the players that leave our program in the last 5 years have immediate success elsewhere?

That's actually worse than most of his games for Nebraska. Even with no turnovers.
It’s better in a way. At Nebraska it all revolved around him, so his stats were inflated, but the team sucked, so he was fucked. He is in a good situation at k-state. He has others to rely on and his athleticism can help them.

Mizzou isn’t a very good team but they still have some talent and made a bowl last year. Having said that I don’t have a clue if they brought anyone back.

It’s better in a way. At Nebraska it all revolved around him, so his stats were inflated, but the team sucked, so he was fucked. He is in a good situation at k-state. He has others to rely on and his athleticism can help them.
This is what you said.

He played better because he sucked more but people around him played better.

This is what you said.

He played better because he sucked more but people around him played better.
I honestly don’t think anyone can say much one way or another about him yet. Let’s see him play the better big 12 teams. If they end up winning 9-10 games and he is the starter, he was a success. I don’t give a shit what the stats say. If they win their normal 7-8, I guess it proves he wasn’t much of an improvement over the the other qbs ksu has ran out there.

I honestly don’t think anyone can say much one way or another about him yet. Let’s see him play the better big 12 teams. If they end up winning 9-10 games and he is the starter, he was a success. I don’t give a shit what the stats say. If they win their normal 7-8, I guess it proves he wasn’t much of an improvement over the the other qbs ksu has ran out there.
For the most part I agree. Stats do mean something though. It's not like he's calling plays. It tells you that he still sucks. The team is just better and he didn't cost the team enough to lose.

For the most part I agree. Stats do mean something though. It's not like he's calling plays. It tells you that he still sucks. The team is just better and he didn't cost the team enough to lose.
He does have Kade Warner as one of his main receivers, so it’s not like they are killing it with receiving talent. They are built more to run the ball and his legs are going to be as important as anything. By the way I’m not a big Martinez guy. I’m just being open minded because Frost was his coach for four years and I still think he was the main problem.

He does have Kade Warner as one of his main receivers, so it’s not like they are killing it with receiving talent. They are built more to run the ball and his legs are going to be as important as anything. By the way I’m not a big Martinez guy. I’m just being open minded because Frost was his coach for four years and I still think he was the main problem.
Yeah. Martinez sucking and Frost being terrible can both be true.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back