Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Someone fill me in on this

@Baron Winnebago is the best provocateur that I can remember, other than politicians and other such political whatevers.

@Jim14510, You've been called to task.

It seems like the HyVee parking lot board will be lit up soon!

Jim doesn't have the balls to show up ITT. Hell he lets his wife pick his beer.

Jim doesn't have the balls to show up ITT. Hell he lets his wife pick his beer.
folding-chair-master-funny.gif

I don't remember exactly how it went but the thread of lots of people piling on him for tweeting at croots was one of my favorite RSS moments.
Tweeting at recruits. Going to Calabasas games during the Calibraska era to stalk the players and ‘friending’ the families. Gave off a very creepy vibe.
Yeah, he is a weirdo.
Since I’m a storyteller by nature I’ll share this but do my best to keep it (kinda) keep it short.

Oct 2014 we had a timeshare booked for a week near Whitefish, MT on a golf course. Friends (UCLA season ticket holders) from So Cal flew into Missoula, rented a car and joined us. Awesome resort and crazy beautiful country.

That weekend the Huskers played at East Lansing with the Spartans ranked #10 and us at #19. As this was the featured ABC night game we were just going to watch at the timeshare. Order pizza, get some beer and just lay low.

As we were driving (the day before the game) to the timeshare we called the office of the local ABC affiliate (in Missoula) just to make 100% sure that the game was on. Then the bomb.....That Saturday was homecoming game for the Montana Grizzlies and their game was going to be shown instead of the national feed from East Lansing. Phvk me!!! 😡

So we called every local bar we could find to see if anyone might get the Husker game instead of the Grizzlies. Struck out..... So I went on RSS that Friday afternoon and shared my story of woe.

Lo and behold I got a PM from @Theophilus telling me that he lived in Eureka, MT, 20 miles from the Canadian border and he got his ABC feed from somewhere in eastern Washington, not Missoula. He knew 100% for sure that he was getting the Husker game and if we wanted to drive the 45 miles to Eureka, we were welcome to watch the game with him.

Made the drive and got there 30 minutes before kick-off. Pulled up the driveway to what could best be described as a mobile home occupied by the Husker Beverly Hillbillies. There was every conceivable Husker flag, banner, wind sock, etc., etc. decorating the outside of this humble abode.

Said our hellos outside and went in. Theo’s son also lived there with him and slept on the large sectional in the living room. The same sectional we were invited to sit on to watch the game. The wives were grossed out and stood for three hours.

At halftime Theo showed us a recording of the USC-Husker game in the Coliseum (‘07 or ‘08??) and at some point the camera was scanning the crowd. At the perfect time Theo hit the pause button and pointed out two guys who he identified as his brother, Chaz and Sam-I-Am. Good buddies, apparently.

As a reference, this was the game where we had a big 4th quarter come-back, only to lose when Alonzo Moore dropped a pass in the end zone on the last play of the game.

Anyway, we thanked Theo and were glad to get headed back to Whitefish after a very weird, unusual game-watching get together. Thinking Chaz and Theo are both pretty odd, quirky guys.

TL/DR ......vaca in Montana, met Theo, watched the MSU game, saw Chaz on video, went home....😎

Since I’m a storyteller by nature I’ll share this but do my best to keep it (kinda) keep it short.

Oct 2014 we had a timeshare booked for a week near Whitefish, MT on a golf course. Friends (UCLA season ticket holders) from So Cal flew into Missoula, rented a car and joined us. Awesome resort and crazy beautiful country.

That weekend the Huskers played at East Lansing with the Spartans ranked #10 and us at #19. As this was the featured ABC night game we were just going to watch at the timeshare. Order pizza, get some beer and just lay low.

As we were driving (the day before the game) to the timeshare we called the office of the local ABC affiliate (in Missoula) just to make 100% sure that the game was on. Then the bomb.....That Saturday was homecoming game for the Montana Grizzlies and their game was going to be shown instead of the national feed from East Lansing. Phvk me!!! 😡

So we called every local bar we could find to see if anyone might get the Husker game instead of the Grizzlies. Struck out..... So I went on RSS that Friday afternoon and shared my story of woe.

Lo and behold I got a PM from @Theophilus telling me that he lived in Eureka, MT, 20 miles from the Canadian border and he got his ABC feed from somewhere in eastern Washington, not Missoula. He knew 100% for sure that he was getting the Husker game and if we wanted to drive the 45 miles to Eureka, we were welcome to watch the game with him.

Made the drive and got there 30 minutes before kick-off. Pulled up the driveway to what could best be described as a mobile home occupied by the Husker Beverly Hillbillies. There was every conceivable Husker flag, banner, wind sock, etc., etc. decorating the outside of this humble abode.

Said our hellos outside and went in. Theo’s son also lived there with him and slept on the large sectional in the living room. The same sectional we were invited to sit on to watch the game. The wives were grossed out and stood for three hours.

At halftime Theo showed us a recording of the USC-Husker game in the Coliseum (‘07 or ‘08??) and at some point the camera was scanning the crowd. At the perfect time Theo hit the pause button and pointed out two guys who he identified as his brother, Chaz and Sam-I-Am. Good buddies, apparently.

As a reference, this was the game where we had a big 4th quarter come-back, only to lose when Alonzo Moore dropped a pass in the end zone on the last play of the game.

Anyway, we thanked Theo and were glad to get headed back to Whitefish after a very weird, unusual game-watching get together. Thinking Chaz and Theo are both pretty odd, quirky guys.

TL/DR ......vaca in Montana, met Theo, watched the MSU game, saw Chaz on video, went home....😎

So he opened his home to you in a time of need and you make fun of him being a poor. Nice Bomber. I think Toby has a brick for you.

Good story though. You and maybe Theo have made reference to it. I've always wanted to hear the full story as he seems like an odd cat.

So he opened his home to you in a time of need and you make fun of him being a poor. Nice Bomber. I think Toby has a brick for you.

Good story though. You and maybe Theo have made reference to it. I've always wanted to hear the full story as he seems like an odd cat.
It was just an awkward evening. It was a mobile home with two bachelors living there who had a different idea of “clean” than Mrs Bomber.... 😅

That said, I do think Theo was happy we were there. After he made the offer on RSS, Chaz sent me a PM strongly encouraging me to accept Theo’s offer. Kinda like he knew his brother didn’t get out much. My guess is that he’s known as that “crazy old Husker fan up on the hill” around Eureka.

I seriously didn’t mean to come across as mocking his situation. Just trying to paint an accurate picture. Theo showed me a “scrapbook” he had put together with many pictures from the time he fell from high on a ladder. He was very lucky to survive that fall.

It was simply an unusual evening. Too bad Alonzo couldn’t have caught that pass.....🙁

This is the picture that was painted in my head... Cousin Eddie

giphy.gif

Great story. I wonder how Theo got thru his 6 month banning on the Scrolls?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back