Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How long after someone dies can you start wearing their shirts....?

My uncle who passed away 9 months ago had a FIRE collection of shirts.

How long should I wait before I ask my aunt if I can have a couple of them???
If it's been 9 months, you'd better hope those shirts are still available. Most personal effects are disposed of within the first few months following a person's death. If you truly have interest in them, better express that interest to your Aunt ASAP. Times a wastin' OP!

I snagged his TV right away...
iu

when my dad passed, I took all the shit I wanted, mostly Harley gear. Different circumstance than OP but I just took it.

I'd ask sooner than later though.

When my mother in law passed away she had been in a nursing home for 5+ years. We laid out all of her clothes and jewelry for all of the family members to choose from that we had had in storage after her funeral services at our house. Worked out great and all of the family members were so thankful we had done that since we likely never would have all of the total family (immediate and extended family) together again to share since a fair percentage live out of town. We donated all of the other things that people didn’t want. No drama of people saying they didn’t have an opportunity to get something. Cleared out our storage space at the same time!😉

Took a little work to set up but so glad we did it that way.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back