Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Some immediate thoughts (1 Viewer)

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Number one on my mind is the fact that we never found an answer for the QB draw. Maybe White is too conditioned going against an OC who never calls a play that works twice? Second thought is I wonder just how juiced with pain killers both Mordecai and Allen were. We win without either one in the game IMHO. I have to give them mad respect for not only playing but playing at a very high level. The biggest sad boner for me is that their Oline got the better of our Dline. It wasn't a bitch slapping, but they were consistently better at the LOS on both sides. And where the fuck was Gifford tonight. Dude was a ghost.

Special teams are not good. We all know this. Again we have a coach there who Rhule will never ever let go just like our OC. The second biggest disappointment for me is that misuse/refusal to use timeouts seems to be a Rhule MO. I still remember screaming at the TV for Rhule to call a timeout at the end of the first half of the Minnestoa game. Instead they rush to the line and predictably get a false start trying to rush to beat the clock. Rhule talks about learning through losing. Wonder if he self scouts at all because its a problem for sure.

Its also pretty obvious that what we need to find is a good back up to Purdy. He should be the guy for as long as he's eligible and wants to be here. He's not perfect of course but if he's the guy all year we are probably looking at 8 wins if not nine. Imagine what this game would have been if Haarburg or Fumbly Jeff were at the helm. 38-3 or worse.

Hate that we couldn't find a way to win. I also hate the obvious fact that Wisconsin wanted to win more than we did. When they ramped up their intensity we never matched it. That's a legacy from corch Frost era. It's going to take more than one season to fix that.

Beat the cockeyes and I will call the season a success.

IF....BIIIIG IF Scatterfield can pull his head out of his ass just enough I think we can beat Cockeye. As long as there are no total shit the bed moments by special teams I think we have a better than 50/50 shot.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
IF....BIIIIG IF Scatterfield can pull his head out of his ass just enough I think we can beat Cockeye. As long as there are no total shit the bed moments by special teams I think we have a better than 50/50 shot.
Not a fucking chance. There's no way that Buschini doesn't punt like a bag of dicks...he's awful. There's also no way that Shitterfield doesn't completely shit his pants. Tonight pretty much solidified his absolute suckiness. I had the feeling for awhile...then looked at stuff, and tried to rationalize it...tried to give him the benefit of the doubt...I can't. He's awful. He's awful at every conceivable aspect of running an offense and having any fucking awareness.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Not a fucking chance. There's no way that Buschini doesn't punt like a bag of dicks...he's awful. There's also no way that Shitterfield doesn't completely shit his pants. Tonight pretty much solidified his absolute suckiness. I had the feeling for awhile...then looked at stuff, and tried to rationalize it...tried to give him the benefit of the doubt...I can't. He's awful. He's awful at every conceivable aspect of running an offense and having any fucking awareness.
Like I've seen some other posters mention it's like he has a fishbowl with plays written on scraps of paper and just pulls one out and calls that play. We have no identity at all. Nothing you can point to and say "That's our bread and butter"

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Like I've seen some other posters mention it's like he has a fishbowl with plays written on scraps of paper and just pulls one out and calls that play. We have no identity at all. Nothing you can point to and say "That's our bread and butter"
The fact that we started out OT, down 7, with that fucking outside zone double option, drives me up the fucking wall. It's probably the worst singular call of the entire year.

#1 - You need to score 7, you need your best run play on 1st down, get ahead of the sticks.
#2 - Our OL isn't great at OZ...they're just not
#3 - You're in the gun 95% of the game, that's not your identity
#4 - Trying to pay some sort of weird homage to the 90s Huskers and Tom Osborne to appease the FB fan
#5 - Quit sucking shit

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The fact that we started out OT, down 7, with that fucking outside zone double option, drives me up the fucking wall. It's probably the worst singular call of the entire year.

#1 - You need to score 7, you need your best run play on 1st down, get ahead of the sticks.
#2 - Our OL isn't great at OZ...they're just not
#3 - You're in the gun 95% of the game, that's not your identity
#4 - Trying to pay some sort of weird homage to the 90s Huskers and Tom Osborne to appease the FB fan
#5 - Quit sucking shit
I think the biggest issue with trying to run the option especially with Purdy is effective option football has to be practiced, practiced, practiced and then practiced some more to be a real weapon. No way Chubba has gotten to run it in practice more than a few times. If at all.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Shitterfield with, at minimum, two of the three worst calls in all of FBS football in back to back games. The results of Nebraska buddy hires are unparalleled.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Shitterfield with, at minimum, two of the three worst calls in all of FBS football in back to back games. The results of Nebraska buddy hires are unparalleled.
If you ranked the top 3 worst calls of the season, of all FBS teams. It would be the opening play of OT vs Wisconsin. The last offensive play vs Maryland, and Miami when they fumbled when they could have kneeled it.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Rhule having a playsheet & thumbs up or thumbs downing every playcall tells u even he doesn’t trust Satterfield.
He needs to get out of the offense & hire someone competent
The end of the last 2 games has been ridiculous
Shit playcall end of last week
End of regulation this week
& OT what a mess

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Rhule having a playsheet & thumbs up or thumbs downing every playcall tells u even he doesn’t trust Satterfield.
He needs to get out of the offense & hire someone competent
The end of the last 2 games has been ridiculous
Shit playcall end of last week
End of regulation this week
& OT what a mess
This. It does give me some small hope that Rhule can admit that he doesn't trust Scatterfield to call the game and goes out and finds someone who can be trusted. I think this offseason is going to be more volatile than most think.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
If Shitterfield was making 600K, which probably isn't even average for an OC in the P5, then we could blame Rhule for being cheap.

But Shitterfield is making what, 1.4 or 1.6 mil a year? What the fuck. With the kind of money Rhule had to spend on the assistant and coordinator hires, he shit the bed with Shitterfield.

Shitcan Shitterfield, eat the $ lost to his contract, and then spend whatever it takes to bring in an actual top 10 OC.

Most of the offensive assistant hires have been skeptical. OC obviously a huge whiff. Hiring a 23 yr old as your WR coach is questionable at best. Uncle Donny is meh at best - there was better for the $ for an O Line coach. TE coach, well, what a clusterfuck that was. RB's - you gotta question this one also so far. I don't know who I am missing/forgetting, but overall, the offensive OC and assistant hires have been not good.

Defensively, different story. White is really good. Perfect, no, but really good. The assistants must not be terrible, as there are no terrible areas of our defensive play. Some areas could maybe be better, but you could always say that.

Special teams has again not been good overall. Punting has been bad. Return game again non-existent. Coverage teams have been good. Well, except for the guy who was right there to block the fucking punt tonight and would have if he hadn't been a pussy and turned away from a sure block. But overall, coverage teams have been good. Even had a block returned for a TD this season.

Back to Shitterfield. Dude needs to go. Spend that top 10 OC money on an actual top 10 OC.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
If Shitterfield was making 600K, which probably isn't even average for an OC in the P5, then we could blame Rhule for being cheap.

But Shitterfield is making what, 1.4 or 1.6 mil a year? What the fuck. With the kind of money Rhule had to spend on the assistant and coordinator hires, he shit the bed with Shitterfield.

Shitcan Shitterfield, eat the $ lost to his contract, and then spend whatever it takes to bring in an actual top 10 OC.

Most of the offensive assistant hires have been skeptical. OC obviously a huge whiff. Hiring a 23 yr old as your WR coach is questionable at best. Uncle Donny is meh at best - there was better for the $ for an O Line coach. TE coach, well, what a clusterfuck that was. RB's - you gotta question this one also so far. I don't know who I am missing/forgetting, but overall, the offensive OC and assistant hires have been not good.

Defensively, different story. White is really good. Perfect, no, but really good. The assistants must not be terrible, as there are no terrible areas of our defensive play. Some areas could maybe be better, but you could always say that.

Special teams has again not been good overall. Punting has been bad. Return game again non-existent. Coverage teams have been good. Well, except for the guy who was right there to block the fucking punt tonight and would have if he hadn't been a pussy and turned away from a sure block. But overall, coverage teams have been good. Even had a block returned for a TD this season.

Back to Shitterfield. Dude needs to go. Spend that top 10 OC money on an actual top 10 OC.
I agree with this.

Despite injuries and very bad QB play the entire season, you're making 1.4 million to not make shit calls during game time. Yeah, majority of your season is designing the playbook, prepping the players for that playbook, and then changing/calling the right plays during the limited games we have. You can do everything in your power to have the first two right, but the third is where it matters. You need to make the right calls and get the yards and then points. Nothing else matters past that.

Satt gets paid way too much to ultimately make bad calls during the season. We have a good checker play at OC, not a great chess player.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’d forgotten about the not using timeout against Minnesota. This is a very weird tendency Rhule has. I don’t really get the logic behind it either
I figured the pro game would have taught Rhule a little something about game management but I can see it did not.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds