Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Soccer Thread 2024 (1 Viewer)

PlumbingCarrot

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
What league is the Omaha team in? I assume it's not MLS. I've got it on my to-do list to go to a Sporting KC game sometime. I've heard that's a good time.
2nd division of usl which is like 3rd or 4th division of American soccer

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
pulp fiction i dont remember asking you a goddamn thing GIF

MaxHuskers34

Linebacker
Elite Member
Being a Chelsea fan is hell. Started following in 2010 so I have seen the highest of highs, but damn man. I miss my old Russian Oligarch Abramovich.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do you typically get a mani/pedi before or after?
Ideally before because I like to feel fancy.

Honestly, I really enjoy watching my 12 year old play the most. He’s on three soccer teams and he’s a fearless striker who plays balls to the wall.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
MLS lost a lot of my interest when they went to Apple TV. I used to catch a few Sounders games each year.
Honestly I’m not a huge fan of the MLS broadcast. This year they have this new stat box that pops up and it takes damn near 25% of the screen.

Annoying AF.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly I’m not a huge fan of the MLS broadcast. This year they have this new stat box that pops up and it takes damn near 25% of the screen.

Annoying AF.
Do you remember when they first started? They would cut the screen in half and show an ad the same time as the game.

COYS

Linebacker
Have been following Premier League since 2004. When I first started watching there were your solidified top 4 of ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Didn’t want to just pick one of the best teams for my fandom so went with Tottenham as they were just outside that top echelon and one of the more historical clubs in England.

Haven’t missed a Spurs game in years. Probably my most loved team outside of the Huskers. Don’t win many trophies and are very “Spursy” by always blowing things in big moments. But I respect the fact we do things the right way and run the club like a business. Don’t have billionaire pieces of shit Russians or Arabs buying titles and skirting rules. Chelsea and City had no history before they became a hobby for some rich guys from shady places in the world.

MaxHuskers34

Linebacker
Elite Member
Have been following Premier League since 2004. When I first started watching there were your solidified top 4 of ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Didn’t want to just pick one of the best teams for my fandom so went with Tottenham as they were just outside that top echelon and one of the more historical clubs in England.

Haven’t missed a Spurs game in years. Probably my most loved team outside of the Huskers. Don’t win many trophies and are very “Spursy” by always blowing things in big moments. But I respect the fact we do things the right way and run the club like a business. Don’t have billionaire pieces of shit Russians or Arabs buying titles and skirting rules. Chelsea and City had no history before they became a hobby for some rich guys from shady places in the world.
As a fellow Huskers fan, I respect you. However as a Spurs fan...."Champions of Europe, You'll never sing that." London is Blue and always will be.

At least you're not an Arsenal fan.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
I will casually root for wrexham since it's now owned by Ryan Reynolds.

I usually do pay a decent amount of attention to the world cup, but that's about it. I really enjoy soccer, I played a lot up until high school on some travel teams. But I had to choose between baseball and soccer.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds