Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So what QBs will be in the transfer market.. (1 Viewer)

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
Dean made some mention in the chat and said this when I asked for clarification:

“All I heard is they have something already potentially lined up, but all portal moves seemed to be kept extremely quiet until the very end.”
Typical Dean. Just say what you heard. This why tPB will always be the best. Go big or go home.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
I’m a fan of Charlie Brewer personally. Looks to have a quick release and a fast decision maker

Honestly he’s been bad for 2 years but I could see his play style fitting into what Frost wants to do. He always struck me as a quick decision maker and fairly athletic.

Probably a stretch but if Dean is insinuating “they already have something in the works” it could be Brewer. He’s been in the portal for a long time now.

I think he’s heading to Texas Tech though.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
His career has been trending in the wrong direction for a couple seasons. He's probably a take if he's all they can get, but I'd hope they can do better

Honestly he’s been bad for 2 years but I could see his play style fitting into what Frost wants to do. He always struck me as a quick decision maker and fairly athletic.

Probably a stretch but if Dean is insinuating “they already have something in the works” it could be Brewer. He’s been in the portal for a long time now.

I think he’s heading to Texas Tech though.
Honest question…wouldn’t he have used his “free” transfer when he went from Baylor to Utah? Wouldn’t he have to sit out a year now?

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
Brewer is sketchy. He's digressed worse than Martinez. Rattler's ego is probably too big to transfer to a 3-9 school but he seems more serviceable. It's literally for 1 year, who cares how big of a douche he is. If he sucks then Frost gets fired which is what everyone here wants right?

But if the rumor is that the coaches are already talking to someone, it's not Rattler. He hasn't put his name in the transfer portal yet so as far as I know, coaches can't talk to him.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Brewer is sketchy. He's digressed worse than Martinez. Rattler's ego is probably too big to transfer to a 3-9 school but he seems more serviceable. It's literally for 1 year, who cares how big of a douche he is. If he sucks then Frost gets fired which is what everyone here wants right?

But if the rumor is that the coaches are already talking to someone, it's not Rattler. He hasn't put his name in the transfer portal yet so as far as I know, coaches can't talk to him.
Coaches can't talk to him and I'm not saying you're wrong about Nebraska talking to him. But trust me the designation of "in the transfer portal" is not stopping coaches from back channeling to kids about transferring.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Honest question…wouldn’t he have used his “free” transfer when he went from Baylor to Utah? Wouldn’t he have to sit out a year now?
This year was his redshirt year since he only played in 3 games, that will make him eligible immediately again next year from my understanding.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's not in the portal yet but I'd be curious if a guy like Max Duggan would transfer. I don't know much about his season admittedly. Would just think with a coaching change at TCU, and getting demoted that might make a guy interested in moving on. However, if Frost is here I don't know that'd happen. If I recall correctly, although we did offer, we weren't all that interested.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He's not in the portal yet but I'd be curious if a guy like Max Duggan would transfer. I don't know much about his season admittedly. Would just think with a coaching change at TCU, and getting demoted that might make a guy interested in moving on. However, if Frost is here I don't know that'd happen. If I recall correctly, although we did offer, we weren't all that interested.
Not sure how his season has been but TCU was a lot better this week without Duggan. Chad Morris' kid went off for 461 yds passing and 70 yards rushing vs Baylor.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Coaches can't talk to him and I'm not saying you're wrong about Nebraska talking to him. But trust me the designation of "in the transfer portal" is not stopping coaches from back channeling to kids about transferring.
Maybe we get tampering processes eventually, but 100% kids are contacted ahead of time right now. Happened with Wandale.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds