Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So what do we have… (1 Viewer)

MrKnightedHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Defense gave up 400+ yards to an OU team that barely tried/was flat
To be fair, Nebraska held them to the lowest point total going back 68 games and significantly below their average yardage. Yes, NU gave up over 400 yards - 408. To the #3 Team in the country. You can say they were flat, or you could look at the last several games from a defensive standpoint and say the defense has played pretty well.

I know you hate to give up your narrative on everything sucks, but everything doesn't suck.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I was ready to call the whole thing off after Illinois, now I'm back to where I was before the season. I thought we'd be 3-1 right now with 3 sloppy wins and one blowout, instead we're 2-2 with one horrific loss and one encouraging loss(?), and some decent wins that showed some promise against lower level teams.

So now this week it's almost like Illinois Game Take 2 but we have zero room for error. We're back to 0-0, we still have issues, we still have some promise, and we have some games coming up that SHOULD be able to get us to bowl eligibility, which is still my base level expectation.

The end of the schedule is not looking any easier, but MSU's strength goes up against a strength of ours (running game vs. rush D), NW looks prettyyyy bad, Michigan Minn and Purdue are all games where I think anything could happen. Obviously I'm not jumping into the Frost Era all over again whatsoever, but I'm back to not calling it dead just yet haha.

Overall, this game was a surprisingly positive data point that could VERY easily mean nothing if it just gets lost in more and more negative data points. We HAVE to keep the momentum on D going, Martinez has to keep his head in the game because he's killing it right now but we know he can go rogue at any time, we have to get some kind of run game going, and we have to improve our insanely stupid mistakes. Like, there it is guys it's right there in front of you! It's not too much to ask, I think we can and should reach our humble goals this year. Now what are we gonna do about it?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Would have to go 4-1 in the next 5 games to be back on track with what I thought before the season. Expected to go 3-2 in those games. In addition Michigan and Michigan St have looked much better than I expected them to be. So more likely scenario is that we're 2-3 in those games and 4-8 here we come.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Illinois - absolutely deflated and blow it
Fordham - generally do what we “should”
Buffalo - 3 odd “penalties” from a blowout win
Oklahoma - 1 score loss to a top 3 opponent that played at least “well”

so what do we have? Besides a 2-2 record, please and thank you haha…
Not sure DJ. I thought we would keep it close with OU cause of their lineman's size on both sides. Now we go back to Big ten football and if I was G Austin I'd be very nervous.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
I still think we can get one win against Michigan, Ohio state, Wisconsin or Cockeye. We'd have to be 4-2 going into the Michigan game and beat Purdue. Idk...not looking good.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
I don’t see another L on the schedule TBH IMHO FWIW
We Ride Together Will Smith GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds