Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So what do we have… (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Coastal Carolina is ranked 16 and barely beat Buffalo by 3 today. We really should have beat buffalo by 40 but ya I still don't know where that puts us. The fact that we are probably a top 25 team but lose to Illinois still baffles me.
If we go to MSU and win a night game I will actually believe we can make a bowl.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
A more normal strength of schedule, I say we go 8-4. I would guess we will be fighting for 5 or 6 wins this year. Without a consistent running game and no ability to pass protect, we are bound to give games away just as we have the prior 3 years. I feel better now then I did after Illinois, that's for sure.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
we have exactly what we thought we had

1) a shitty OL
2) terrible special teams
3) talented WRs that barely get on the field
4) a coaching staff that finds new and exciting ways to lose
Nailed it. I would add a pretty decent defense. Which we could win more that way if our special teams was elite.

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
did you read the thread
I did. Our offensive line still sucks, no development with the amount of talent that has been brought in. Costly penalties from that group alone, week in and week out. I'm sorry I guess I don't understand what yore getting at.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I did. Our offensive line still sucks, no development with the amount of talent that has been brought in. Costly penalties from that group alone, week in and week out. I'm sorry I guess I don't understand what yore getting at.
did you read the thread?

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
did you read the thread?
Reading comprehension gets a bit tricky around here sometimes. This isn’t to say I agree with you necessarily, but I recognize that this being Austin’s 4th session here has absolutely nothing to do with what you were saying.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Reading comprehension gets a bit tricky around here sometimes. This isn’t to say I agree with you necessarily, but I recognize that this being Austin’s 4th session here has absolutely nothing to do with what you were saying.
I said that Austin’s lines get better as the year progresses. That happened in his first three seasons here. Precedence suggests that it will happen again in his fourth.

Maybe I should have been clearer, but given the responses to my original comment, I don’t think the people who took issue with what I said had any real interest in discussing it, they just wanted something to bitch about.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I said that Austin’s lines get better as the year progresses. That happened in his first three seasons here. Precedence suggests that it will happen again in his fourth.

Maybe I should have been clearer, but given the responses to my original comment, I don’t think the people who took issue with what I said had any real interest in discussing it, they just wanted something to bitch about.
I don’t think that’s something that’s unique to Greg Austin. I would that almost every college player unless injured would improve from game to game each season

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Me too. Love seeing it burn

Just goes to show that most of NU’s donors didn’t earn their actual wealth, it was most likely all nepotism, because smart businessmen don’t chase good money with bad for 20 years
Lol- the irony of this statement.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Barely tried and flat? I was at the game and it was a lit atmosphere. Bullshit on the flat.

The #3 team in the country loaded with 5 stars on offense had 7 points midway through the 3rd quarter. And here you are bitching about defense. Jesus Christ
Ole Miss beat Tulane by 40. Guess they are Top 2. OU will be 8-4

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds