Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Mickey Quote From Sharp And Benning (1 Viewer)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Amazing how many high school coaches and recruits Busch & Mickey have contacted in their short time here. They are showing the other coaches how recruiting is done by the successful coaches at the Power5 Level.

A friend of mine has a son who is a SR that is getting offers within the 200 mile radius of Lincoln and he got his first real contact from Nebraska when Busch reached out to him right after he was hired full time. Covid hurt this kids recruitment because he couldn't go to camps and was needed to play out of position for his high school. He is one hell of an athlete from a family that is littered with college and pro athletes. They are scheduling a visit to Nebraska. They have lots of family in Nebraska plus relatives who have played at Nebraska but never heard from the Nebraska Staff until Busch contacted him. Not sure if he would be considered a Scholarship Offer or a Preferred Walk On but I will get some scoop on this. Will be interesting to see what they think of Busch.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Sioux Falls Washington has produced more scholarship athletes than almost any school in the past ten years, but when they came up here the first time, they went to the wrong school. The head coach at that school told them they were at the were at the wrong school.

Incredible.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
But but but....I was told that's not how it works anymore. Kids do what they want, bad character kids, "we already have amaaaazing TE's" covid, transfer portal, SF is a genius and is passing on these swimtown boyz, etc etc etc etc etc etc. Mickey doesn't seem like he wants to hear excuses... :unsure: Sounds like my kinda guy.
I’ve always equated losing a percentage of the Omaha kids to being losers. If Frost would have came in and won out of the gate I don’t think we are talking about this problem now.

doublewing

Running Back
I’ve always equated losing a percentage of the Omaha kids to being losers. If Frost would have came in and won out of the gate I don’t think we are talking about this problem now.
It definitely does not help his cause and has allowed other schools to come in like it's their territory. They are basically doing to Nebraska what Nebraska used to do to neighboring states (MO, IA, CO, KS) when NU had a winning program.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds