Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

September recruiting thread (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Cliffs:

Mongo called Ross assuming he wouldn’t answer but he did and Mongo didn’t have a recorder available. So he just has random notes.

No other visits currently scheduled. May make a return trip to Nebraska.
It could be illegal without consent. Ross would not have a reasonable expectation of privacy, and this is a factor in Texas where Mongo lives. Ross is probably on Missouri. Not sure Ross can legally consent - he may not be an adult under state law, and that could be a factor.

Personally, I would be hesitant to record an interstate phone call with a minor.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It could be illegal without consent. Ross would not have a reasonable expectation of privacy, and this is a factor in Texas where Mongo lives. Ross is probably on Missouri. Not sure Ross can legally consent - he may not be an adult under state law, and that could be a factor.

Personally, I would be hesitant to record an interstate phone call with a minor.
Missouri is a one party consent state, fwiw

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
2024 OT offer -

Not surprised we are going after Mel Tucker's commits. He already had new offers yesterday before we offered - he sounds excited about a Penn State offer he received. Purdue and Stanford also offered yesterday. This offer and the offer to the OU lean make me think we have an unexpected OL spot left in the class.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not N - nothing said about the football, lots of generic platitudes

Five-Star OL Brandon Baker breaks down final official visit to Nebraska​

Baker talked about his visit to Nebraska and looked ahead to making his decision this weekend.​

GREG BIGGINS11 hrsVIP23

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei offensive lineman Brandon Baker took his final official visit over the weekend to Nebraska and is set to commit this weekend.
Baker is a five-star prospect, rated the No. 21 player nationally in the 247Sports Composite and No. 24 in the Top247. He’s set to make his commitment this Sunday, Sept. 24 at 6 p.m. PT (9 p.m. ET) on the 247Sports YouTube Channel.

Baker talked about his weekend official visit to Nebraska and what stood out most for him. “I really enjoyed the atmosphere out there,” Baker said. “I was surprised how much love and support I received but that’s how Nebraska is. “There’s no other school like Nebraska when it comes to fan support. They love the team and really get behind the players and I loved that.”

Baker was hosted by former NorCal standout Brodie Tagaloa.“We got along great,” Baker said. “All the players were great with me and very welcoming. Everyone I talked with is excited about the new direction the program is going and likes the new coaching staff. “I like coach (Matt) Rhule a lot. I respect him and believe in what he’s building. He’s a great coach and a great leader and he’s going to turn the program around.”

The official visit was Bakers third time visiting the Lincoln campus this year and he said his comfort level on campus is very strong.

"I know the school really well and already did all the campus tours and seen the facilities," Baker said. "This visit was more about being around the players and coaches. "I'm close with coach (Donovan) Raiola and connect really well with him. He's from Hawaii so we have that Poly connection. It's just a lot of great people at Nebraska, a lot of people who take pride in bringing the program back and I'm thankful to everyone there for how I was treated."

As mentioned, Baker is set to make his commitment this weekend. Along with the Huskers, his final five includes Florida State, Ohio State, Oregon and Texas.
He took official visits to the Buckeyes and Longhorns, in addition to Nebraska, and unofficial visits to Florida State and Oregon. The Longhorns have a lot of the buzz right now heading into his announcement.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Not surprised we are going after Mel Tucker's commits. He already had new offers yesterday before we offered - he sounds excited about a Penn State offer he received. Purdue and Stanford also offered yesterday. This offer and the offer to the OU lean make me think we have an unexpected OL spot left in the class.
N

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds