Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sean Lewis stripped of play calling duties at Colorado (1 Viewer)

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
We haven’t heard as much lately from the guys who were crowing about being “right” on Deion and how, if we had just listened to them, we wouldn’t be stuck with this loser Rhule.

Seeing in real time the value of a guy who has patience, doesn’t panic, and actually believes in his process instead of just saying those words at a press conference.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
From the Athletic article:

“Lewis will still be involved in play calling, a source briefed on the discussions said. Colorado declined to confirm which of the Buffaloes 10 on-field coaches will move to make room for Shurmur’s promotion.”

Sounds like they are dancing around the issue a little by saying “involved in.”

But it’s really odd they don’t have the balls to say which coach they are firing/demoting. Maybe someone just shows up tomorrow and finds a (fake) piece of LV luggage and a bus ticket sitting on their desk.

What a weird place.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
From the Athletic article:

“Lewis will still be involved in play calling, a source briefed on the discussions said. Colorado declined to confirm which of the Buffaloes 10 on-field coaches will move to make room for Shurmur’s promotion.”

Sounds like they are dancing around the issue a little by saying “involved in.”

But it’s really odd they don’t have the balls to say which coach they are firing/demoting. Maybe someone just shows up tomorrow and finds a (fake) piece of LV luggage and a bus ticket sitting on their desk.

What a weird place.
I'd guess they'll pretend they only have 10 if anyone asks but they're hoping no one does

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
We haven’t heard as much lately from the guys who were crowing about being “right” on Deion and how, if we had just listened to them, we wouldn’t be stuck with this loser Rhule.

Seeing in real time the value of a guy who has patience, doesn’t panic, and actually believes in his process instead of just saying those words at a press conference.
I feel this one. My brother who has become quite toxic as he’s gone through life really only talks to me about sports anymore. He melted down after the Colorado game and said we should have hired Deion yada yada. I never replied and have since been rewarded for the patience and he’s never replied about the Huskers. Can’t wait until he sends a message praising the team in the next few weeks.

Love me some Coach Rhule.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
TOS saying that Lewis already accepted a MWC HC job and told Deion. Hence this move.

I don't think this would be retaliation bc Deion probably knew he'd only be there for 1 yr anyway.
That really only makes sense if you're planning on promoting Shurmer to OC next season. Which would make no sense.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Certainly. But he’s not going to be the head coach at MSU like Sipple was asserting. He’s a few years away from that.
I don't know that I really agree with this. Maybe he has come back to earth a little bit from the first couple weeks, but there has been Sean Lewis chatter for every HC opening since TCU. If Deion is blaming Sean Lewis, here he is just an idiot.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I feel this one. My brother who has become quite toxic as he’s gone through life really only talks to me about sports anymore. He melted down after the Colorado game and said we should have hired Deion yada yada. I never replied and have since been rewarded for the patience and he’s never replied about the Huskers. Can’t wait until he sends a message praising the team in the next few weeks.

Love me some Coach Rhule.
And honestly we won’t have the full answer on any of these coaching hires including #2ndChoice for another 3-4 years most likely. I think Rhule has done and will do a good job here, but it’s easy to go from the man to a loser quick in the coaching world.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds