Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sean Lewis stripped of play calling duties at Colorado (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nevada is the only one I could think of that is probably open this off-season, but that's a terrible move if so.
Maybe he's competitive for that job, but it seems like a long shot that they're 1. For sure firing their coach, 2. Are so sure they have engaged Lewis, and 3. That they like lewis so much they've offered him the job before the market even really opens

But this is a crazy mixed up world so maybe it's true

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I don't know that I really agree with this. Maybe he has come back to earth a little bit from the first couple weeks, but there has been Sean Lewis chatter for every HC opening since TCU. If Deion is blaming Sean Lewis, here he is just an idiot.

I agree that if Deion is blaming him he’s really off his rocker and completely unhinged.

I despise Deion as much as the next person, but I’m also willing to see if there isn’t a bit more context here. I’m not sure that there is but I’ll be fair to anyone.

Sean Lewis is a great OC. But he was 24-31 as a head coach. Not sure that would mean he should be a guy on a short list for a big ten job that isn’t Indiana.

Last edited:

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I agree that of Deion is blaming him he’s really off his rocker and completely unhinged.

I despise Deion as much as the next person, but I’m also willing to see if there isn’t a bit more context here. I’m not sure that there is but I’ll be fair to anyone.

Sean Lewis is a great OC. But he was 24-31 as a head coach. Not sure that would mean he should be a guy on a short list for a big ten job that isn’t Indiana.
Maybe Sean Lewis clapped back at Prime behind the scenes and told him it’s his fault for cutting people that he might’ve wanted to keep. There was a story about how the OL coach wanted to keep an OL, but Prime had him cut anyway. The whole thing is a shit show.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Maybe Sean Lewis clapped back at Prime behind the scenes and told him it’s his fault for cutting people that he might’ve wanted to keep. There was a story about how the OL coach wanted to keep an OL, but Prime had him cut anyway. The whole thing is a shit show.

O’Boyle wanted Ashton Murphy really bad to play for him. When Ash was on campus Deion ignored him almost intentionally.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
O’Boyle wanted Ashton Murphy really bad to play for him. When Ash was on campus Deion ignored him almost intentionally.
There was a legacy player already on the team and they cut him after spring practice. Not sure who it was, but it was posted in the CU thread.

Edit, it was Travis Gray.
https://www.Tater Island.com/colleg...veals-blunt-way-deion-sanders-cut-him-others/

Last edited:

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
deion experiment is going to implode.
@HuskerGarrett we need this
On Fire GIF

As a reaction

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
My bet is a disagreement arose with Lewis wanting to be a lot more balanced but Deion was pushing him to pass the whole game to rack up stats for Shedeur. Hopefully he doesn’t end up at Cockeye next year.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
My bet is a disagreement arose with Lewis wanting to be a lot more balanced but Deion was pushing him to pass the whole game to rack up stats for Shedeur. Hopefully he doesn’t end up at Cockeye next year.
My only counter to that would be why would Lewis bother fighting Deion at this point?

I mean, 4 games left, you know you're moving on in December to a new gig....I'd just collect the paycheck at that point. They're not playing for anything & probably going 5-7 at best.

If I were Lewis I'd just do whatever Deion says these past 4 games and get the hell out of there as soon as the clock strikes 0:00 that final game. Lewis gains nothing by fighting it at this point - only risks humiliation.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I agree that if Deion is blaming him he’s really off his rocker and completely unhinged.

Agree something like MSU seems like a stretch. I’m generally going to side with winners win, but Kent St is a terrible job. Lewis was smart to pivot through a P5 HC job, and it seems like an open secret at this point that he would’ve been OC at Wisky if Leonard gets that job.

Lewis’ name I think has cooled from early in the season, but CFB insiders have all said his name has come up a lot behind the scenes. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he does NFL assistant.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Agree something like MSU seems like a stretch. I’m generally going to side with winners win, but Kent St is a terrible job. Lewis was smart to pivot through a P5 HC job, and it seems like an open secret at this point that he would’ve been OC at Wisky if Leonard gets that job.

Lewis’ name I think has cooled from early in the season, but CFB insiders have all said his name has come up a lot behind the scenes. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he does NFL assistant.

To be clear, I do think he’s a very good coach and this was a very good hire by Deion.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a head job this year, or maybe Leonhard is closing in on a job and he’s told Lewis that he wants him as his OC?

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
San Diego State is gonna need a new coach, or CSU if Norvell goes to Cockeye as OC. Love the rams, they were my grandpas favorite team, but they are a mess

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who was the guy from Tater Island (or maybe it was on rivals I forget) who insisted Pat Shurmur was gonna be our HC?

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
We haven’t heard as much lately from the guys who were crowing about being “right” on Deion and how, if we had just listened to them, we wouldn’t be stuck with this loser Rhule.

Seeing in real time the value of a guy who has patience, doesn’t panic, and actually believes in his process instead of just saying those words at a press conference.
Havent heard much today from the guys ready to crown Rhule king after beating 5 teams who are in the bottom 30 in the country and dont have quarterbacks. Havent heard much from the Nash is Warren Sapp crowd after he has disappeared the past 2 weeks. Maybe everybody should just pump the breaks.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
If I were Lewis I'd just do whatever Deion says these past 4 games and get the hell out of there as soon as the clock strikes 0:00 that final game.
We’ll see if he can challenge the final-whistle-to-arrival-at-airport record set last year by Mark Whipple.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
Havent heard much today from the guys ready to crown Rhule king after beating 5 teams who are in the bottom 30 in the country and dont have quarterbacks. Havent heard much from the Nash is Warren Sapp crowd after he has disappeared the past 2 weeks. Maybe everybody should just pump the breaks.
Are you even a fan of Nebraska?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds